Chapter 12: Double Date part 2

"Pathetic!" Kanda accused as I huddle on the bed, backing away from Mugen. The katana pricked the skin over my heart, starting a trickle of blood. I scream, "Kanda, no! Please no!"

"Allen!" I feel myself being jerked, and my eyes open to meet the gaze of a frantic samurai. I exhale deeply, "Sorry, just a nightmare."

"I figured that much," he replied as he held me. We settled with my face in his chest. When I was little, Mana would always sing a lullaby to me if I had a nightmare. I knew it was too much to hope for, but I still ask, "Kanda, will you sing me a lullaby?"

He froze for a second before tightening his grip somewhat. I wonder if he even knew a peaceful song considering he probably never had nightmares as a kid, or never acknowledged them. He replies, "Okay, but I'm not a good singer."

I nuzzle closer to him in response, not caring if he could sing or not. I just wanted something to help me go to sleep. He took a breath and began, "Sleep, Sugar, let your dreams flood in, like waves of sweet fire, you're safe within. Sleep, Sweetie, let your floods come rushing in, and carry you over, to a new morning."

He repeated the melody until I was asleep, not stopping once.

Oo_oO_Oo_oO

My eyes flicker open, sunlight hurting my eyes. The bed was empty other than my body, and I sat up, looking for my missing boyfriend. It didn't take long to realize he was training, because Mugen was gone.

Standing from the bed, I walk to the bathroom. I take a pill quickly and drink a little before turning on the shower. After stripping, using my Proactive, and remembering to shut the door, I click on my iPod and step into the tub. The song playing was "Dear Agony" by Breaking Benjamin, and it didn't help with the nightmare last night. I thought I had finally rid myself of the horribly surreal things.

I duck my head under the water, soaking it before shampooing. While I was lathering, my iPod stopped and changed songs. This wasn't abnormal, because it did that from time to time, but the song it went to was "Applause" by Lady Gaga. I didn't have any Lady Gaga on my iPod....

As soon as it came, the iPod switched to another Breaking Benjamin song. The iPod didn't do anything else weird, but I went through the songs later and confirmed there was no Lady Gaga. I brush it off as a hallucination, pulling on my clean clothes.

By the time I left the bathroom, it was ten o'clock. Kanda still wasn't back, probably trying to hide from going shopping with Lenalee. Not on my watch he wasn't.

I head out the door, setting out on a search for the surely bluenette. The cafeteria was empty other than a couple finders, and the only other place to look was the training room. I guess it should have been my first stop, but I had to eat something!

I turn the corner into the training area, finding Kanda with his back to me and holding Mugen in one hand. I was tempted to watch him the rest of the morning, but he had to take a shower and put on a shirt.

I call, "Hey, Hot Shot!" He turns around quickly at the sound of my voice and wipes his forehead with the back of his hand. I dash to his side, giving him a peck on the cheek, "You weren't trying to get out of going shopping with Lenalee, were you, Kandy?"

He rolls his eyes, "No, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it."

I begin pulling him towards our room, "And what are you happy about?"

He doesn't have to think about the answer, "You and the 'treat' you promised."

I smile as he pushes open the door to our room, and I go sit on the bed. He moves toward me, but I say, "Nope, not until you shower and are ready to go."