Chapter 28: More Ultrasounds More Questions

"Do you care to tell me exactly what you did to Lavi that night?" I ask, running my fingers through Kanda's wet hair. He agreed to let me wash it, and I was more than elated about it, but I wanted to know the details about when he got drunk.

He groans quietly, but replies, "I didn't do anything to him."

"According to Lenalee there was a table involved," I protest, squirting the shampoo into my hand. I breathed in deeply as I slather the sticky liquid into his long hair, the scent of Moonlight Mist wafting around me. He says, "First, I was drunk. Second, I did pin him to a table and rip his shirt off."

I yanked on his hair, and he winced, "Okay, I deserved that, I guess."

"Yeah, you did," I growl, continuing to run my fingers through his cobalt hair. He says, "For the record, we weren't dating at the time, and again I say, I was drunk!"

"Excuses, excuses," I grumble, turning him around so he could rinse. "Do you ever want to pin me to a table?"

"All the time, Kitten," he smirks as he closes his eyes and begins to get rid of the suds in his luscious hair.

"Meow," I hear a high pitched cry from outside the shower just before a white head pops inside between the curtain and tile wall. Ice puts a paw on the porcelain of the tub experimentally, and I warn, "Ice, there is water in here."

Kanda chuckles, "I think she's smart enough to know that."

Never the less, the kit hops into the tub, sliding around on her three legs in the water. I watch in amusement as she unsuccessfully tries to dodge the soap and water falling from Kanda's hair, but she doesn't see to mind the water. She finally figures out that it's safe by me and starts rubbing on my leg, her fur plastered to her sides as I pick her up. The bluenette says, "Great, we're not even safe in the shower."

"That's so mean!" I say, cradling the small she-cat to my chest and nuzzling her head. She looks up at me and mews. I told her, "He says you're a nuisance, Ice."

"Meow," she replied, looking at Kanda. He says, "Yeah, she scares me."

I give him a pouty face, "It's the pills, not her. She's just trying to help."

Ice nods and cries, reaching her front paw towards him. Hesitantly, the samurai takes the feline from my arms just as the pain hits me. I gasp, doubling over and sinking into the tub, clutching my stomach. Before I knew it, Kanda was beside me and Ice was crying loudly. My boyfriend asks, "Are you okay?"

I nod, smiling weakly, "Just...cramps. It'll pass in...a minute or two."

The pain was awful though I had definitely felt worse. It was like someone had stuck a bouncy ball up my butt and, after it got situated, it grew inch long spikes. Only six more months to go, I thought. I was a third of the way there.

After a few minutes of pain, the cramp subsided, and I stood up, happy with the relief. Kanda asked, "It's gone?"

I nod and I was about to say something when I coughed, the wetness telling me that the liquid in my hand was blood. Putting my hand under the running shower head, I wipe my mouth with my other hand.

"I still think there's something abnormal about coughing up blood," Kanda said, holding Ice in one arm and turning so I had access to his hair when I snagged the conditioner. I spread it through his long locks, and say, "Like I said when you saw it the first time, it's normal when there's a fake uterus in me."

Ice mewed, as if trying to convince him, and I ask, "Ice, do you think Kanda should shut up and stop worrying?"

"Meow," she replied, and I know she must have nodded because Kanda che'd and said, "Oh, shut up."