1 | d e l i n q u e n t s

"Are you serious?!" She screams at me. I cover my ears, trying to block out her screaming but it's a useless attempt.

"I can't believe that you're being sent to a discipline school for delinquents!" She shouts, slamming her fist down on the old wooden table. I flinch at the action.

I sigh. "Look, I said I was sorry!"

"Sorry? Sorry?!" She shouts hysterically. "You destroyed a whole fleet of Marine ships and all you say is sorry?!"

I roll my eyes. "What do you want me to do?"

"Just go to the stupid school!" She huffs. "You're useless anyway."

I shoot her a bright smile. "Thanks for reminding me of my uselessness. I appreciate it." She rolls her eyes as I say this but I continue. "My escort is coming tomorrow to pick me up anyway. So unless I run away, I'll be forced to go."

The middle aged woman who has taken care of me after my mother's death looks at me with rage. At first glance, it would seem that she's blazing with anger but looking intently, the sorrow that lurks behind is visible.

I get up from the chair and stretch, a smirk on my face. "I gotta go pack now. See ya, old lady!"

"It's Yuki-san to you!" She shouts in frustration.

I dash up the stairs for my room, laughing as she shouts insults behind me. I open the rickety old door that's covered scratches and marks made years ago and enter my bedroom. Breathing in, I smile at the familiar scent. My eyes scan the room, trying to memorize it. After all, who knows how long I'll be gone for?

My room doesn't contain much. Just a small bed with an old, uncomfortable mattress pushed up against the wall along with a small window above letting in a ray of sunlight. The small table beside it holds the majority of what I own and my clothes are jammed into the small closet located next to the door.

I get to work and pull out my small, beige backpack from under my bed. After looking around and stuffing my necessities and medicine into it, I start feeling drowsy and plop down on my mattress exhausted, soon drifting off into a deep slumber.

~

In the morning, I wake up earlier than I originally planned. Groaning, I roll off the hard mattress and make my way to the bathroom wishing I could've slept longer.

After showering, I slip into black leggings, a miniskirt, a red long sleeved sweater and my leather jacket. I tie my (H/C) hair into a knot, my prized dagger keeping it up and have my bangs slip over my left eye. Finally, I put on my long black leather combat boots.

I grab my bag and run down the stairs that lead directly into the kitchen. The old table shakes as I grab a croissant and stuff it in the toaster oven. My guardian, Yuki walks into the room and looks at me with a surprised expression.

"Awake so early, (Y/N)?" She mumbles. "That's the first."

"My escort's coming to pick me up in a half hour." I say, taking my warmed croissant out of the toaster and taking a bite out of it. I walk over to a small cabinet take out a bunch of snacks, stuffing them into my bag. I then proceed to hop onto the table and continue to eat my croissant as Yuki sets tea on the stove for herself.

"It's about time I have some peace and quiet!" She sighs, closing her eyes, a small smile gracing her lips.

I grin tiredly with a mouthful of food. "You're wight, wold wady."

She opens her eyes looks at me in disgust. "Manners, (Y/N)! I didn't understand a word you just said."

I quickly swallow and repeat myself. "I said, you're right, old lady."