5 | b o r e d o m

This chapter was said to be confusing for some. I apologize if you don't understand it either. I will make sure to edit this as soon as possible. Thank you for reading!

Update (10/25/17) : Do any of you have suggestions as to how I can improve this chapter? I'll gladly take any into mind and try to make it more understandable and enjoyable for all.

Also, I'm sorry if it resembles Sword Art Online. Many of you commented that and my apologies! I honestly didn't have any idea as to what SAO was until I was notified.

Update (12/21/19) : Okay, so I recently watched SAO (Season 1) and I now understand what you all meant. I'll try to edit this chapter ASAP. However, I'm still a student and I have schoolwork and such to tend to first. I'll do my best to edit this along with updating Wait for Us!

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

I groan, rolling over in bed and glaring at the clock hanging over the window. My fourth day here ends up being a Saturday. No classes. Kid has been gone all morning so I can't even have a pointless argument with him. Apparently, security is higher on weekends so I can't even try to escape. I sigh, laying my head down on my pillow. I'm so bored.

What should I do?

I haven't exactly made any friends. Most people stay away from me now or are my enemies. I think for a moment.

Luffy!

I shoot up in bed at the thought. He's been the friendliest out of all the others, along with his crew. I wonder what they're doing...

The building quakes and bits of stone fall down from the ceiling.

Curious, I hop out of bed, striding towards the door and opening it. I peek my head out into the quiet hallway. I gingerly take a step out and silently close the door behind me. For a moment, I stand still and listen.

The building rumbles once again.

I walk down the hallway, barefoot. My feet sink into the soft red carpet as I walk gently. I reach stone steps to the third floor and debate with myself for a moment of whether or not I really want to go up there.

I question myself.

Do you want to get hurt?
No.

Do you want to die?
Obviously not.

I sigh, defeated and walk up the long, spiraling staircase. Once I reach the third floor, I peek into the hallway and see Luffy fighting someone I don't recognize because his back is facing my direction. I squint at the blond mass of hair and realize that it's Sanji; the lady's man who was fighting moss head when I first arrived. But why is Luffy fighting him when they're crew mates?

"Sanji!" Luffy roars. "Give me meat!"

"The food is for the ladies!" Sanji yells, kicking Luffy, two plates of food in his hands. I watch, amazed as he skillfully balances the plates all while fighting with his two legs.

Luffy goes flying into the wall but immediately jumps back up again and sends a punch flying at Sanji by stretching his rubber arm. I laugh a bit at scene, amused by their bickering. Both of them turn their heads toward me and I realize that I exposed myself.