1 5 | m a r i n e s

{ (M/LN) : Mother's Last Name }

{ not proofread. Read at your own risk }

The Same Day
{ as previous chapter }

The village was quiet.

Too quiet.

The building were empty but nobody was outside. (Y/N) and (F/N) walked through the streets, confused. (Y/N) was completely puzzled while (F/N) had a bad feeling of what was to come.

Where is everyone?

They continued walking, searching for the missing villagers. They looked through all of the Southern edge but found no one.

"Should we go to the center of town?" (Y/N) voiced her question that had been nagging at her for a while. She was uncertain of whether they should or shouldn't.

"I don't think we should..." He responded, looking around nervously.

But they suddenly heard a scream. (Y/N)'s eyes widened and before (F/N) could prevent her from running, she was already sprinting in the direction the sound came from. He chased after her, trying to stop her but he couldn't catch up to her. She was too fast and sped through tightly knit alleyways with ease. He continued to pursue her, panic in his eyes, the twisting feeling in his stomach growing with each passing second.

Something bad is going to happen.

Upon arriving to the center of town, (Y/N) froze in her tracks. Behind her, (F/N) did the same. The villagers were there, healthy and safe but the two of them were terrified.

The crowd held weapons.

It was a mob.

Their eyes widened. One by one the villagers turned to look at the two of them, their eyes holding anger and malice.

"Well look who it is." Mr. Kimura, the village mayor sneered, stepping up to face them.

(Y/N) took a step back, fear in her eyes. "W-what?" She stuttered.

The mayor just laughed cruelly. "You're a nuisance to this town. We keep having tourists leave in fear because of you. You constantly hurt our children who come home with bruises and scratches."

She shook her head, completely confused.

What the hell is this old man saying?

"That's a lie!" (F/N) screeched, fury in his eyes. "It's your children who spread lies and hurt (Y/N) all the time!"

The mob gasped in surprise and horror. "How dare you lie, filthy child!" A woman yelled from the crowd that cheered along with her, throwing insults at the two young kids. "My son came back home with a bloody gash across his arm. It was all because of you two!" She continued, her voice quivering but filled with certainty.

Mr. Kimura turned to face the crowd. "Calm down, citizens," he said with authority. "Thankfully, we've called the Marines so there is no need to worry any longer than we already have."

Marines?!

Shaking in fear, (Y/N) shook her head, confused. "Why are you doing this?" Her voice cracked, tears starting to cloud her vision.

What have I done to deserve this?

"You are the child of a good-for-nothing pirate and a dangerous, demonic woman!" The man in front of them screamed. "How do we know what the hell you are?!"