1 7 | w a r

Two Years Ago...

She stared him, still surprised that this was her father. He was old. Older than she thought he'd be but still her father. She ignored the bloody war that raged on around them—the Marines against the Pirates—focusing only on the old man.

Her father stared back into her eyes. "Can you help save your brother, (Y/N)?" His voice was soft, a vulnerable look in his eyes. He'd sent his men to find her and bring her to him. He'd heard that she had put up a fight but she'd stopped protesting after finding out that they were bringing her to him—the father she'd never met.

When they first saw each other, the young girl at the age of seventeen had glared at him and started screaming in rage about how he'd left her. But soon after, she ended up breaking down in tears and had slapped the old man who stood and let her take out her anger on him. After all, he deserved it. He'd heard from Yuki what'd happened to her throughout the past seventeen years. He felt ashamed.

But now, she looked into his eyes as if staring into his soul. Her eyes were hard, though if you looked past the barriers she'd put up, you'd see the pain she'd been through. Finally, after a moment, she spoke.

"I will."

She turned and faced the fierce war with determined eyes. (Y/N) never let anything get in her way. Her hands flickered with blue sparks of fire, a smirk on her face. She glanced at her only living parent and shot him a smile. For a second, the man was left in shock at how much she resembled her mother.

"Don't worry, dad."

Before he could say anything, she sped off, a dangerous glint in her eyes.  As (Y/N) pushed through the crowd, many could hear her maniacal laughter ringing out through the shouts. Bursts of blue flames flew about, lighting up the battle grounds. She took down her opponents with a wicked smile and without a second glance.

Her father shook his head, a proud grin on his face. She's just like her mother.

(Y/N) fought the Marines with cold eyes, slicing them down with ease. Her eyes were wide, a crazed grin across her face. A marine managed to knock down her dagger but she easily pushed him back with a burst of blue flames, getting closer to the execution platform.

Well, this is easy. You'd think marines, the ones who protect people would be powerful.

She sent a man soaring through the air, slamming into his allies and knocking them down like a lineup of dominos. It was as if a chain reaction had occurred.

But they're obviously not.

(Y/N) barely knew her father or his pirate crew. Nonetheless, she still cared for him though they'd just met mere days before and would do anything for her only living relative. Now, she set her eyes firmly on the person who sat upon the platform, bound to seastone chains. Freckles dotted his nose and cheeks, his curly, black hair a mess. He had worry etched in his features. (Y/N) followed his gaze and saw a boy with a straw hat, his back faced towards her, battling fiercely against the army of marines.

They must be friends of some sort. She concluded.

She turned her gaze back to the battle and eased her way through the crowd, staying undercover as to not encounter any Warlords or Admirals of any kind. Though she did encounter a few captains which were taken down as easily as the rest. She did this all the while ignoring the noise around her.