1 1 | p r e p a r a t i o n s

"Just go already!" She screams, pushing me out the door forcefully. "Or you won't make it."

"I'll make it, Granny! Stop pestering me!" I take a step out the door, onto the old wooden steps, and turn to face her. She slams the door closed right in my face.

I huff out a breath, ticked off. "I'll be back, Old Lady!" I hear another muffled shout through the thick, wooden door and smile. Turning back around, I look at the people crowded around me who wait expectantly. "Well, which one of you has a ship around the area?"

Luffy raises his hand, his eyes bright. "Me!"

I laugh a bit. "Lead the way, Luffy."

~

Luffy holds my dagger in his hands. He stands in front of Ussop, Chopper, Brook, Franky, and I. Sanji, Robin, Nami and Sabo are currently in the kitchen making lunch while Zoro, Ace, Law, and Kid are having a conversation. Well, it's more like Zoro and Ace are having a conversation while Law and Kid glare at each other.

Luffy tightens his grip on the hilt, his frustration growing. "(Y/N)." He whines. "Why isn't it working?"

I stifle a laugh, keeping a straight face. "Keep trying, Luffy."

He's been trying to figure out how my dagger works for the past twenty minutes. He was told by Chopper that it could shrink and grow and immediately came to me, asking if he could try it out.

Abruptly, he points it towards the sky. "ACTIVATE!" He screeches aggressively.

Ussop and Chopper burst into hysterical laughter along with me while Franky and Brook laugh like civilized people. Tears fill my eyes in mirth as Ussop, Chopper, and I roll around the floor, sounding like dying whales.

He's got to be kidding me!

He looks at us, his brows furrowed. "Why are you laughing?"

"It doesn't work like that." I gasp between fits of laughter.

"Then how does it work?" He begs.

"It's a secret." I reply, calming down a bit. "I don't want random people stealing my dagger and using it."

"Can you tell me?" His eyes shine hopefully.

I shake my head. "You'll see soon, Luffy." I say with a small smile, getting up from the grassy deck of the Strawhats ship, the Thousand Sunny.

The grass tickles my bare feet as I make my way across towards the railing, leaning against it. I breathe in the fresh, salty ocean air, closing my eyes and enjoying the rocking movements of the boat. It's been two years since I've last been out on sea. Though I never really became a pirate the last time I was out here.

Eloa Village is located on a small island in the New World. I guess it is fortunate that I didn't have to go through the trouble of getting into the Grand Line. But it would have been adventurous if I had been able to. I sigh softly, opening my eyes and gazing at the vast, blue ocean, deep in thought.

"Oi, (Y/N)." A voice says. I open my eyes and see Sabo standing beside me, gazing out at the ocean as well. "What exactly are we going to Marineford for?" He asks curiously. "We really need to know."

I sigh. "I guess I can't keep the reason from you all anymore. After all, we're all going there to do one thing." I turn to face him. "Will you tell everyone to gather together in the kitchen?"

He nods his head and walks off, doing what I've asked of him.

~

I walk into the kitchen a bit hesitantly, holding the piece of paper in my hands. I absolutely hate having a bunch of people staring at me. It annoys me to the extreme and I have to admit, I do feel highly uncomfortable. But I'm surprised when I'm met with complete and utter chaos laid out before me.