1 2 | r e a d y ?

I pick up my dagger. The hilt engraved with foreign words and designs is cold against my skin. My fingers wrap around it, tucking it neatly into my hair that has grown longer over the past months.

I look at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes are hard, staring back unforgivingly.

It's all happening so soon. But so late.

I turn on my heel, boots clicking against the floor. My dark skirt whirls at the movement. I pick up my black leather jacket, slipping into it and walk out.

Everyone's busy. They all get ready, going over the plan and making sure everything's in place. Law and Kid's crews arrived the same day we came to this island. Rayleigh arrived two days later and bubble coated all of our ships, though I haven't met him yet. The Navy will be arriving soon to bring Boa Hancock to the execution which is a five days from now. Apparently, it'll take the same amount of time to arrive at Marineford.

I walk onto the Thousand Sunny's deck and spot who I assume must be Rayleigh as he speaks with Luffy. Curious, I walk over to them. Luffy catches sight of me and waves. I smile, my eyes softening and greet him.

Luffy turns to Rayleigh. "Oi, Rayleigh, this is (Y/N). She's a part of my crew!" He beams.

I shake my head. "I haven't joined yet, Luffy."

Though I really do want to.

After the night I broke down in front him, I've learned to trust him a lot more. He's a caring and protective Captain who doesn't let anyone hurt his friends. Ussop and Chopper told me many stories of how each one of them were saved. Luffy truly does have a kind, loving heart. But he can be fierce when he must.

Rayleigh smiles a bit at me. "You're the one who started all of this?" He motions to the people in haste, getting everything ready.

I look down at my feet in shame. "I never wanted them to help or get mixed up in my mess. They chose to even after the many times I pushed them away." A small smile finds its way onto my face. "They refused to leave me alone and decided to help."

He lets out a chuckle. "You must have a kind heart if Luffy's decided to help you."

Luffy grins, wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me closer and causing my eyes to widen in surprise. "Shishishi. (Y/N) is joining my crew!" He laughs. "And that's final."

I shoot a glare at the Rubber head but can't help but smile.

I'm actually being accepted by people.

Just the thought is enough to make my smile even wider.

Suddenly, a cold shiver runs down my spine. I look up and over Rayleigh's shoulder and expect to see Hancock glaring at me, but instead I find Law. His eyes are scowling angrily at the arm Luffy's put around me and I can't help but furrow my brows in confusion.

"Is something wrong, (Y/N)?" Rayleigh asks, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I shake my head. "Nothing. Just a bit...worried, I guess." I laugh a bit nervously, still questioning Law's look.

"I told you not to worry!" Luffy frowns at me, though a smile lights his face. "We are going to save him and you're going to join my crew." His arm doesn't move and I can feel Law still staring at us.

Why the hell is he so angry?

"Law!" I call him over. "Cow Hat, come over here."

He continues to glower at us but he walks over anyway. "Yes, (Y/N)-ya?" He sounds irritated.