Chapter 2- Micca

Five minutes before three, Amber stood at the end of the drive-way of a big two story house. The brown painting was chipped, but the yard was clean and mowed. Pushing her sunglasses up her face to rest on her brown flowing hair, she studied the house a few more minutes to steady her nerves.

She was an extremely shy person, and she was afraid of most males. If she wasn't so desperate, she would never had made the phone call in the first place, let alone showed up.

Taking a deep breath she made her way, slowly, up to the wrap around porch. Going up the three steps, she readjusted her book bag one last time before knocking on the door. She turned to look out at the street when a car flew by honking its horn. Shaking her head, she turned back to the door just as it popped open, making her jump.

"Hello." Comes the same soft draw she had heard on the other end of the line earlier. Amber sighed, the guy was the most gorgeous man she had ever seen. It didn't help that he was standing there in nothing but a pair of gym shorts, showing off his six-pack chest of perfection. He was golden every where she looked, until she looked into his eyes. They were the lightess blue she had ever seen. She could feel her self blush when she realized she was staring at him.

"Hello." She finally replied.

"Are you Amber?" He asked as he leaned against the door frame.

She nodes her head yes. She couldn't answer him, and her cheeks heated up even more.

"I'm Micca," He says while sticking out his hand to her, "please to meet you."

She stares at his hand for a full minute before she could get up the nerve to shake it. Finally, she takes his hand into hers, gives it a brief shake and drops it.

"Come on in." He keeps his voice soft making Amber relax a little without her even realizing it.

Micca's P.O.V.

The first thought that popped into Micca's head when he opened the door was, wow she's beautiful. The second thought, after looking into her sad eyes was, protect her at all cost. He had to convince her that this was the right place for her. 

When he had gotten off the phone with her earlier, he was going to clean up the place a little, but then decided she might as well see how they live if she was going to move in. The house was never dirty, but they were clothes tossed here and there. Sports equipment was tossed in one corner, and shoes in another. 

She stepped in the door and took a look around, when she didn't run for it. He motioned for her to come in the room a little farther. He decided to leave the door open because he had a feeling if he closed it, she would get really nervous on him again. Not being able to explain to himself how he knew this, he was 100% certain she would not like being shut in the room with him. 

Still talking softly he said, " Three of the rooms are up stairs, and the other two are down here." He pointed to the hall that lead to where her room would be if she took it. "I can show you the room if you would like."

"Sure" Amber said almost at a whisper. Her voice was so soft and unsure he wanted to turn her in to his chest and hug her. Reassure her that everything would be ok. However, he knew, again not knowing why, that she would bolt out the house if he touched her at all. 

"Follow me." Micca led her through the semi-descent living room, to a hall off the left side of the room. "Lucca, I, and Nick, one of our other roommates have the rooms upstairs." He pointed off to the right side of the living room, where the stairs could be seen.

Micca turned to look at Amber, she looked like she wanted to ask something, but closed her mouth before a word came out. She turned back to follow him down the hall. He shrugged, maybe when she got to know him better she would open up.