Chapter 19- Waking up

Lucca's P.O.V.-

He was glad it was Saturday and they didn't have any classes today, especially after the night they had last night. He was now in the kitchen making a big breakfast even though it was close to one in the afternoon.

None of his roommates had woken up yet, but he wasn't to worried about that yet. None of them had went to sleep until after four this morning. Missing the batter for pancakes he thought about the kiss Nick had given his last night.

It had been so unexpected. He had seen Nick with his head down trying to catch his breath and only put a hand on his shoulder to give him comfort, not expecting Nick to react the way he had. Thinking about it now, he had to wonder if he would have laid a hand Nick if he knew that's the way Nick would react.

Lucca had to admit to himself it was the best kiss he had ever had, but he just never expected it from Nick. Lucca had known since he was nine years old that he was gay, but Nick never said anything. Even in high school, Nick dated women. Hell Nick only stopped dating right before Amber moved in with them. And Lucca knew for a fact that Nick had never dated a guy. So why had Nick kissed him last night and why the hell was he getting the feeling that if Ethan hadn't stopped them, they would have ended the night in a bed?

Lucca shook his head, poured the batter in a pan to start cooking the first pancake. He was so confused. Sure he had been in love with Nick for years, but a long time ago he came to the conclusion that Nick would never return his feelings. Deciding that he really needed to talk to Nick about this, but knew now was not the right time, they needed to focus on helping Amber.

It took him another twenty minutes before he had all the pancakes made and all the food sat on the bar. After sitting plates on the counter, he went to wake up his roommates.

First he went to his brothers and Nicks rooms. After he woke them up he went to Ethan's room. Pushing the door open slowly, he saw that Amber was still laying on Ethan, but only now Ethan was stretched out on the bed and Amber was laying on top of him. Ethan's had one arm wrapped low around her back and the other was across the top of her back with his hand anchored in her hair.

Lucca had just decided to leave them there when Ethan turned his head and looked at him. Lucca told him quietly, “I made food.” Ethan nodded. Lucca got the message. He stepped out of the room and pulled the door shut behind him. He headed back to the kitchen, wondering if it was going to be uncomfortable being in the same room as Nick.

Ethan's P.O.V.-

He had been awake for a while just holding Amber in his arms when he had heard his door open. He had tried to act like he was still sleeping because he just wasn't ready to let go of the women in his arms. He would die a happy man if he could wake up each morning with her in his arms. Deciding he couldn't fake it anymore, he turned his head to see who was in his room. When he saw Lucca standing there with a soft smile on his face, he wanted to blush. He knew if it had been anyone else he probably would have, but he knew Lucca understood. Understood what it felt like to finally have the one thing you have wanted for so long.

Ethan wasn't stupid, he knew Lucca had been in-love with his brother for years, but Nick had never showed Lucca that he had felt the same way. Some days Ethan had wanted to knock Nick's head into something just so he would open his eyes. However he was glad now that he never had. Ethan knew that if had interfered his brother would have fought him.

“I made food.” Ethan just nodded at Lucca and watched him leave the room and pull the door shut behind him.

Deciding that he should wake Amber up, she would probably need food, he took his hand out of her hair, and pulled the hair back from her face. She looked so peaceful. Even after the late night they had, she looked more rested then she has in the past several months.