Chapter 12- Drawings

Evan's P.O.V.-

The three drawings Amber slipped him, blew him away. He knew she was good, but the emotion that was put into these was more then he could ever do himself. It had been so long since he had tried drawing people that he didn't think he could catch just the right look Micca had on his face while laughing at the other guys in the kitchen.

Or the way Lucca and Micca were standing with their cocky grins, looking like they owned the world standing on the front porch. Hell she even got the dent in one of the pillars on the porch in the right spot.

He looked at the last one. This one surprised him the most. Ethan had a cocky smirk on his face. But it was his eyes that Evan paid attention to. He wondered if Amber knew that she had drawn Ethan with a look of pure love? But if he had to put his money on it, he would say that she drew Ethan just as he had looked at her.

As much detail as she had put into all three, he didn't think Amber had embellished on any of the drawings. He would guess that she had seen all three of these sense and wanted to capture them. He would have thought they were pictures taken with a camera if he wasn't holding the paper she had drawn them on.

Looking up from the papers finally he glanced at Ethan, before giving Amber his attention. “These are amazing, Amber.” He watched her head snap up. Then her cheeks turn a bright red. He would lay money down saying she hadn't gotten very many complements in her life and he normally wasn't a gambling man.

“Th-thanks.” She stuttered.

Evan gave her a wide smile, “Your welcome.” Looking back down to the drawing of the guys in the kitchen, he made a quick decision. “How would you like to make some extra money?”

He watched confusion fill Amber's face. “How?”

He laid the drawing on the now clean table. Leaning forward he placed his chin in his hand, binding his elbow he rested it on the table. How could he put this to make her understand he really wanted her to do this? Not coming up with anything off the top of his head, he just started talking. Maybe it would come to him as he spoke. “As you saw earlier today, we cleaned up the shop but most of the art work on the walls was destroyed. To me they were a bit stuffy to begin with.” He and Ethan chuckled about this. They had had several conversations about the paintings. “I want hand drawn pictures that I can frame.” He watched Amber relax back in her seat, but she was still very much listening to him. He had captured her attention, so much so, that he didn't think she realized Ethan had pulled his chair closer to hers. Or that Nick, Lucca, and Micca had returned to the room. As he talked, he pushed two of the papers towards Lucca and the other one to Ethan, he didn't think Ethan would want the others to see it, “I would want about twenty to choose from.” He thought about it for a minute. “I would want them about three times the size of what you have drawn here, but they can be in pencil, pen, ink, or charcoal. I don't want any paintings.”

He watch the interest and excitement cross Amber's face, “How soon would they have to be done?” He was surprised when her voice come out strong and not a whisper. “The first of the year. I need to repair some of the damage to the walls, I want to paint the whole place, and I am planning on getting new furniture.”

Amber smiled, “You should ask Nick to help you with the furniture.” He saw the blush return to her face.

Nick spoke up, “I can do that. What have you got in mind?”

Evan turned to Nick, he figured he would give Amber a little bit to let it sync in what he was asking of her.

“Well I want to keep my desk. It's antique. I would like to find some furniture that would go with it. The couches I have now, well to put it nicely suck.” That made everyone laugh.