Chapter 22- Charlie Explains

Ethan's P.O.V.-

Ethan stopped glaring and smirked. She had just told Charlie that I could kill him. She hadn't been scared she stated it as a fact. A fact that she had no doubt that I would do it if I felt the need. However what Charlie didn't seem to realize or know that the only way I would kill another person was if they threatened the life of one the lives of the other five people in this room.

He was still reserving judgment on Charlie. He hadn't decided what was Charlies true reason for searching for Amber. And he would like to know why he went to the diner to find her.

Ethan watched Charlie take a gulp, and he watched out of the corner of his eye Evan and the boys trying to hold in their laughter.

“O-okay.” Charlie took a step back from Amber. Maybe this kid wasn't as stupid as he looked.

Ethan walked up behind Amber and couldn't help the smile that slipped across his face when she leaned back into him. He slipped one of his arms around her, slipping his hand under her jacket like she had done to him earlier on his bike. The other one he laced his fingers in her's before holding it close to her stomach.

He watched Charlie taken this all in. The kid got real quick that he needed to back off.

Evan put a hand on his shoulder, “Why don't we all take a seat,” Point over to the new furniture Nick had built for him. There was two couches in one corner and two chairs. All of them surrounded a wooden coffee table.

“Sounds good.” Ethan told him. He turned Amber towards the furniture. He stopped in front of one of the chairs and sat down pulling Amber down with him. He turned her so she was facing the couches with both of her legs across one of his and her shoulder leaning into his chest. She never froze or tensed up. He was glad of that fact. He still wasn't used to her being so relaxed with him. She titled her head back and looked at Evan standing above them.

Ethan looked up at him to. Evan had smirk on his face, but one eyebrow was raised. Amber asked him, “Do you have anything to drink?”

Evan chuckled, “I have some beer or pop.”

Amber made a face at him. Evan laughed again. “I'll get you a pop.”

Ethan watched him walk off before turning to the others. Lucca and Nick were sitting on one couch, Micca was stretched out on two cushions of the second couch. And Charlie was sitting in the chair beside them.

He had a thoughtful look on his face. Ethan turned back to his brother, by tactical agreement they decided to let Amber take the lead. They would only step in if they were needed.

No one said anything until Evan got back with Amber's pop. He handed it to her, after opening if for her. She took a sip of it before passing it to Ethan. He sat it on the table beside him, while Evan took the last cushion beside Micca.

Amber rested her head against his shoulder before asking Charlie the one question they were all dieing to know the answer to. “What are you doing here Charlie? You promised not to look for me.”

Nick's P.O.V.-

Nick would love to know the answer to that question. He was holding judgment if he liked this kid. He knew that they all owed him a big thank you for getting Amber out of the hell she was living in but that doesn't mean he was the same guy as he was when he helped her.

But for some odd reason, Nick had a feeling this kid would die before he let anything happen to Amber. It was probably the look he couldn't or didn't hide when he had first seen her. His face had went from excited to heartbroken as he had noticed Amber was glued to Ethan's side.