Chapter 25- Coward gets Conked

Micca's P.O.V.-

He was standing on the front porch watching the last cop car pull away from the curb following the tow truck. It had been on hell of a night. Sitting down on the step he pulled out his phone to call Evan, not caring that it was three in the morning. He wanted to let Evan know what was going on before he heard it on the morning news.

Evan's groggy gruff voice answered after the fifth ring, “What's wrong?”

“Wake up man, I have a story to tell you.” Micca told him. He could hear the weariness in his own voice. Evan must have heard it too, for he came back with a clear voice.

“Okay man, I'm awake.”

Then Micca proceeded to tell him about the last several hours.

“We were walking out of your door when Nick yelled at us to hurry up. Said Ethan was being followed.”

Sighing he leaned back against the pillar. “We all hoped in Nick's truck and took off after the car. When we got close to the house we parked around the block and all snuck up from different directions to the house. Lucca came up from behind the house to the drive-way, Nick came down the side walk towards the front of the house, I came in the back door.”

Micca felt himself chuckle thinking about how he almost got hit. He was telling Evan everything as he was thinking back on it.

Flashback to coming in the back door.

He put his key in the door, and slid it open. He went to take a step in the dark room, when he heard a slight noise coming from inside. He stepped back out just as Ethan's fist would have connected with his nose.

“Geez man, it's just me.” Micca whispered to Ethan.

“Don't freaking sneak in a house, when you just told me to keep all the damn doors locked.”

Micca sighed, he had a good point. “Sorry man.”

Ethan shrugged and stepped back to let Micca in. Micca slid the door shut and locked it before turning to Ethan, “Where's Amber?”

Ethan shoved a hand through his hair. “In Nick's room.”

Micca frowned. “Why his room?” It wasn't important but he was curious to know why he had chose Nick's room.

“When I told her she couldn't stay in her room, she said she would be more comfortable in Nick's room, since how she has been in there before.”

Ah, Micca thought. She had never been in his or Lucca's room. She probably thought she would be invading their privacy. Sometimes that girl had a weird sense of morals.

They walked out to the living-room together, “What's going on?”

Micca forgot he hadn't called Ethan like he said he would. If he had he wouldn't have almost gotten punched a few minutes ago. “You were followed home.”

Micca watched Ethan's face transform from worried to pure anger. Micca knew what he was thinking. They all had been thinking the same thing. When Ethan went for the front door, Micca stopped him.

“No, we have to let him try something.”

“FUCK THAT.”

Micca hurried to explain, while trying to hold Ethan back, “We have to, or the cops can't really do much here.” Micca thought back to the conversation that Charlie had with his cop friend, but that guy really couldn't help them right now. “Ethan we need the cops to take care of this.”