Chapter 35- Ethan's Past

A/N- Sorry about the long wait.  I was having problems with writing this chapter. It just wasn't going the way I wanted but thanks to @GabbyTucker1 for giving me one simple idea the chapter finally flowed for me. And you guys no longer have to wait for this chapter.  Please vote, comment and fan. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amber's P.O.V.-

She walked into her room to see Ethan starring down at what looked like to her was a scrapbook, leaning against her head board. He ran one hand softly across the page. She wondered what was in the book, she had never seen it before.

Crossing the room she looked around, her room looked empty, all of her stuff was packed. They decided to spend one last night in her room, tomorrow they were all moving to the mansion Ethan had bought her for a wedding gift. He had told her that he bought while she was missing. He always had faith that she would come back to him. Amber wasn't sure if she believed that. But she did like the feeling it gave her.

She was a little sad to be moving out of this place. It was home to her. But it just wasn't big enough anymore. Three couples living in one home was fine, since they all still planned to live together, but with Amber being pregnant the babies were going to need a room and Ethan wanted her to have her own art studio. The kitchen was to small here now that Jenni had moved in. They just didn't have enough room at the bar to fit one more bar stool. And since they only used the dinning room for special occasions they all agreed they needed a bigger kitchen to congregate in.

She hadn't been to the mansion yet, but Jenni told her it was amazing and that she was going to love it. Amber didn't know about that, but she would give it a try. The place was three stories with a full basement, an in-ground heated pool, a tennis court, and a sun room that Ethan said he was going to turn into her art studio. She knew she would love that because she would get all the light she needed. She just didn't know if she would ever get used to how big the place was. To many places for someone to hide.

Pushing her wet hair out of her face, she climbed in bed beside Ethan. He smiled sadly over at her but didn't touch her. She was slightly taken back at that. When ever she was in reaching distance of him, he would touch her in some way.

She turned so she could study his face. Maybe he didn't touch her because he was afraid that she wouldn't want him to. She laid her open palm on his thigh and asked, “What's wrong Ethan?”

She didn't know where she dug up the courage to ask, but she was proud of herself. After all this man was her husband and father to the two tiny beings growing inside of her. Thinking of the twins, she laid her other hand across her baby bump. She was excited, she couldn't wait for them to come. It was two more people to add to there family. She smiled at that thought.

Less then three years ago she had no family. And the only person she could call a friend she couldn't contact. It just wasn't safe for her. But now, now she had a house full of people she got to call her family. And less then six months they would be adding two more.

“I need to tell you something.” Amber drifted back to the moment, with Ethan's velvety words. They scared her. What ever he was going to tell her was bad. Hadn't they had enough bad things in the last three years. How much more could they take? And just when things looked like they were finally going to be great.

She said, “Okay.” She just didn't know what else to say. She relaxed against the pile of pillows, but her hand never left contact with Ethan's thigh. She wanted to curl up in his lap, like she normally did when they discussed something serious, but Ethan was still putting off the stay back vibes.