Chapter 7- Worried

Micca's P.O.V.-

When he heard the rumble of Ethan's motorcycle leave, he was still in shock. He was still sitting at the bar but now his cereal was soggy. He had lost interest in his food the minute Amber had step through the door from the living room. He had never seen that much life in her before. Her eyes had been shining bright. If he didn't know better he would have sworn the girl was drunk, but Micca knew for a fact she had just come in from work.

When Nick had told him earlier that Amber didn't need a ride home, that it was taken care of, he didn't know that Ethan was going to be the one to get her. He had seen her ran through the house to her bedroom half an hour ago he had thought she was upset. He had left the second floor to follow her.

He followed her only stop in the hallway when he realized she was singing. She wouldn't be singing if she was upset. He wasn't sure what song she was singing but it had a happy, up-beat sound to it.

Deciding she was just fine he headed back to the kitchen, his original destination. He thought she was in for the night, but when he heard her footsteps heading for the front door, he had called out to her. Curious to see where she was going this late on a Saturday night.

It wasn't a rule but they usually hung out after she got off work on Saturday's, but now this was the second week in a row that she was going off with Ethan to visit Evan.

He was worried about her going to Evan's Tattoo Parlor. Evan was a nice enough guy, but some of the crowd that hung around him ran towards the dangerous side. Hell, if he was being truthful, some of the crowd Ethan hung out ran towards the dangerous side too. The only difference being he knew Ethan would protect her.

He was really worried about how Amber would handle meeting so many new people. She wasn't great with others being around. That's why they had stopped inviting people over. If Amber heard a voice in the house she didn't recognize she would hide in her room and would refuse to leave.

He wasn't sure how she handled being a waitress. She meet a lot of new people every time she went to work. But she had once told him that it was different. There she knew that they wouldn't harm her. They were just passing through her life for a short period and moving on as soon as they paid the check.

When people came to the house, they were invading her safe haven. They knew where she slept and she didn't feel safe with others knowing where she lived. They could get to her that way. 

 Shaking his head, he stood up and took his bowl to the sink. Turning the water on, he flipped the switch on for the garbage disposal. Watching his cereal go down the drain he rinsed the bowl out and turned the disposal and water off. Sitting his bowl in the sink, he turned to leave the kitchen to only be scared.

"Shit Nick, make some noise next time." Nick was sitting at the bar, laughing.

"Dude I've been sitting here for five minutes." Micca was shocked. He really must have been deep in thought. "Sorry, lot of things on my mind."

Nick shrugged, "It happens." Nick stretched, "Amber make it home okay."

Ugh not what he wanted to talk about. He knew Nick wouldn't agree with him that her going with Ethan was a very bad idea. "Yea."

Nick's eyes narrowed at my short response. Crap I couldn't hide anything from him. Hell none of us could hide anything from Nick. "She came in changed, then took off with Ethan."

One Nick's eyebrows raised in surprise. "You don't say. Any idea where those two where off too?"

Micca relaxed back against the counter. "Evans." Crossing his arms he waited for Nicks opinion. He knew it would be coming soon.