Chapter 16- Revelations (Part 1)

Ethan's P.O.V.-

He had been at work for several hours, mostly tossing tools around and not getting much work done. He had a bike that he had to get finished by Monday but he just wasn't in the mood to work on it. Eric his co-worker, had been ignoring him and taring down the bike, so they could get it painted, for the last three hours.

Ethan wasn't a big fan of Eric's but the boy did do go work. Ethan plopped down in a chair watching Eric work. He should learn to be a little bit nicer to Eric, after all he was saving his ass tonight.

When Eric finally got all the plastics and gas tank off, he put them all on a trolly to be taken to the paint booth. Ethan decided he would help out after all. Getting out of his chair, he walked up to Eric, “I got it.”

Eric nodded and went back to the bike. He still had to take the motor, tires, front forks, brakes, and chain off the bike, before the frame could be powder coated. They were also planing on powder coating the rims.

Ethan pushed the trolly across the shop to the paint booth. It had been a while since he had step foot in the paint booth, but it was one of his favorite things to do. Setting out the different pieces of the plastics, he set to work on getting the all sanded down and ready to paint.

He was fixing to mix the paint when his phone rang. He thought about ignoring it, but for some reason he knew he should answer it.

“Yea.” Without looking at the screen to see who was calling.

“Ethan, you need to get home.” Nick sounded like he was on the verge of panicking.

“Give me twenty.” Ethan tossed the rag in his hand down and took off for the door.

“Make it ten.” Nick's voice was shaking. “If you can.”

Ethan hung up. On the way out of the shop door he grabbed his jacket up but left his helmet behind, and didn't bother to take the time to tell Eric he was leaving. Digging his keys out of his pocket, while he ran to his bike, he almost fell but caught himself just as he reached his bike. Hopping on, he took off.

On a normal day it took him twenty minutes to get to work, today it took him seven to get home. He was lucky he didn't pass a cop car, but then if he had, they would have had to follow him home, because he wasn't stopping for anything.

He had never heard his brother's voice sound that upset before. Something major must have happened. Especially since the boys never called him at work unless it was an emergency.

He pulled up in the driveway and got off his bike. Leaving the key in it, he took off for the house. He meet Nick at the door. Nick pushed him back out on the porch. 

“What the hell's going on Nick?”

Ethan watched his brother's shaking hand being shoved through his hair. Letting out a harsh sigh, “I was at the diner waiting for Amber to get off work.” Ethan was confused. He knew Nick went to the diner when Amber worked but never stayed longer then an hour.

“Why where you waiting that long?”

Nick shrugged his shoulders, “I don't know, I just had a bad feeling.” Nick leaned against the pillar on the right side of the porch, “Glad I stayed.”

Ethan lean his back against the left pillar, waiting for Nick to explain what was going on. Nick had been panicking on the phone now he was taking a good damn amount of time explaining.

“And.”

“Amber was walking up to my table when someone came in. Glad she was standing in front of me. She almost fainted at the sight of this guy.”