Chapter 12

My hands collided with the cold hard ground as I tried to catch my fall. But as I did so, my sisters foot shoved me down so my arms collapsed and my face slammed to the ground.

My sister then removed her foot and came close to my ear and whispered,

"Weak. You'll never be good enough. You think you can be Luna? Think again."

I burst awake, and I was constricted in Max's arms. He felt my stirring and instantly was awake.

He frowned at my startled face.

"What's wrong Charity?" He asked wiping a tear away that had shed without me knowing.

"Umm nothing just a bad dream." I said wiping a tear away as I tried to get up.

But I was held back by Max's arms.

"Tell me what's wrong Charity." Max pleaded with his eyes.

Tell him Charity. He will comfort you. Hope spoke through my head.

"I had a nightmare about my sister and she told me I will never be a good Luna." I said sniffling.

"Shhh... Charity, remember, you're destined to be a Luna remember? You're a white wolf." He said smiling.

"Thanks." I said with a small smile. For now I was comforted, but I knew it wouldn't last.

"Wanna go out for a run?" Max asked smiling wide.

"Sure." I smiled and he got out of bed and leaned down so I could get on his back for a piggy back ride. "Do you think I can't walk?" I giggled.

"No. I just love carrying you." He smirked.

I chuckled and climbed on his back wrapping my arms around his neck and legs around his waist. I then pecked his cheek out of reflex.

"Thanks." I said blushing.

"Of course my Luna." He purred.

My heart swelled and I heard Hope purr with joy and realized I was too.

Max brought us down stairs and then outside. We walked for a little bit in the forest and soon we couldn't see our house anymore. Max then gently let me down.

"Let's shift." Max said stroking a piece of my hair.

"Okay." And instantly I was my small white wolf and he was his big midnight black wolf.

He came over to me and licked my face and took in my scent as I took in his.

Hello Mate. Said a deep voice in my head. It was Max.

Hi. So we can speak through mind link? I asked.

Yeah since I marked you. He said chuckling.

Oh right. Duh. Well catch me if you can! I said and booked it in the south direction away further away from our house.

Oh no you don't! Max said and jumped over me and stood blocking my way.  You're gonna have to try harder than that! He said chuckling.

Don't be a jerk. I chuckled back.

We then walked side by side as he led me to who knows where. Soon we emerged into a big clearing full of wild flowers.

This reminds me of the meadow at my old pack. I thought of all the times I picked flowers to calm myself and be alone.

This is one of my favorite places. But I've never told anyone before. Max said turning his head to look at me.

I decided to lay down, and Max followed suit and rested his head on top of mine and we needed up falling asleep in our wolf forms.

Life felt good. After all those years of torment, I finally felt loved.