Chapter 36

Max Pov-

My wolf and I surged on to find our mate. She must have been injected with something because her sent was really faint and was hard to keep track of.

Alpha where are you and the Luna? My beta Kris asked through the mind link.

In my worried state I had forgotten to tell Kris what happened.

I'm looking for the Luna, she got taken. My wolf howled at the mention of it.

Alpha I'll send help hold on. He replied back quickly.

No I won't hold on. Send people but I'm not waiting. I have to find her now. I growled and then continued on my way blocking out Kris's protests saying that it wasn't good if I went alone.

I made my way through a clearing and saw a cabin. I sniffed the area and could faintly smell Charity from inside.

I held in my growl as to not give myself away. I wanted so badly to tear everyone inside up.

I shifted behind a tree and found some shorts in a log and quickly put them on. I tried to assess the situation logically but my anger got the best of me and I bathed through the clearing and into the door of the cabin.

Immediately guys saw me and tried to fight me but I was so angry my adrenaline was spiked and I slaughtered everyone in the front room as soon as I shifted into my wolf.

I listened for anyone else and quickly made my way to the back of the cabin where I could smell her.

I quickly shifted and barged into the room and found her lying on a table unconscious.

I quickly went over to her and took her restraints off.

"Charity wake up!" I said shaking her lightly. "Please!" I shook her again and she still wouldn't awaken.

My wolf senses pocked up someone behind me and before the guy could put a needle into my neck, I put it into his and snapped it killing him.

"Max?" Charity said softly and rubbed her eyes to see more clearly.

"Yes it's me." I said rushing over to her.

I gave her a light kiss on the lips and then lifted her into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Let's get out of here shall we?" I said with a smile.

I looked up from her and saw a big man who looked to be in his forties blocking the doorway.

I set Charity down and pushed her behind me.

"You're not getting away that easily." The guy smirked.

I told Charity to look away as I shifted and clamped my mouth on his neck killing him within seconds.

I shifted back and saw Charity with her hands over her eyes. She was so innocent.

"Is the bad guy gone?" She asked still covering her eyes.

"Yes Charity you can open your eyes now." I chuckled.

She opened her eyes and instantly closed them again once she saw me.

"What's wrong?" I laughed again.

"You-you're naked." She stuttered with a blush.

"Charity I'm your mate don't be embarrassed. I'm all yours." I said walking closer to her.

"Just put some clothes on." She said with a giggle.

I reluctantly then put on the pair of shorts that the guy who had almost put a needle in my neck wore.

"You can look now." I said with a chuckle.

"Thanks." She said bashfully.

"Come on lets go home." I said and grabbed her hand and led us out side.

Once outside we were met by Kris and some pack warriors.

"Did you kill everyone by yourself?" Kris asked in disbelief.

"Don't doubt the strength of a wolf who has had his mate taken." I replied while looking down at my beautiful mate.