Chapter 24

Me and Sophia walked down the porch steps and over to my mate and my old pack. Max walked toward me and put an arm around my waist and kissed my cheek while I stood there awkwardly.

My old pack all seem surprised to see me.

"We thought you were dead!" My mom ran through the crowd as she hysterically cried. But I knew it was all fake. She knew that Max was obviously my mate and she was just kissing up.

Max protectively put me behind him and growled at my mother.

"I know how you were cruel to Charity don't try and act like you ever cared." Max snapped making my mom drop the act and back away into the crowd to hide.

"Everyone there are enough rooms in our pack house for everyone, make yourselves comfortable. I'll be back in an hour to explain rules and dynamics of our pack." Max said and with that he grabbed my hand and we walked away.

As I walked past my sister she glared at me when Max wasn't looking, and I frowned. I hope she doesn't try to make my life terrible again. My life has gotten so much better.

Me and Max walked hand and hand and I asked him the question I'd been itching to ask.

"Why is Fire Red here? And why is only a quarter of the pack here?" I asked. I don't even remember seeing Alpha Troy.

"They got attacked by rogues. All that you saw is who's left. Alpha Troy died and so did his Beta." Max said.

My pack was never good to me but it still made me sad to think of all the people that died fighting to protect their pack. I wonder if my father made it.

"So how long are Fire Red staying?" I asked.

"Not long I hope. I still hate them for the way they treated you." Max growled.

I squeezed his arm and smiled small at him to get him to calm down.

"I love that you care, but they did just lose more than half their pack. Even their Alpha and Beta, cut them some slack." I smiled small.

Okay I kinda wanted them out of here too, but I reminded myself that they need us and after all I am the white wolf.

That's right you are and this is a good opportunity for them to see that even though you are kind you are still powerful. You are meant to be Luna and are strong and have more courage then the whole lot of them. Hope said .

Her words really encouraged me and I couldn't help but smile wide.

Thanks Hope. I said back.

"What are you smiling about my Luna?" Max said poking my nose. "Are you thinking about me?" He whispered huskily in my ear causing me to giggle.

"No I was smiling cause Hope gave me some encouragement." I said smiling up at him and pecking his cheek.

"But you were low key thinking of me too right?" Max said with a puppy dog face.

"Always." I smiled and got on my tiptoes and kissed his lips.