Chapter 23

"On the border, its the Fire Red Pack." The patroller stated.

~~~~~

Fire Red... that's my old pack...

Max looked at me in concern because he too recognized the name.

"Why are they here?" Max asked the patroller sternly as he squeezed my hand.

"I don't know but for them being one of the bigger packs they sure don't look that big." The patroller stated.

"Okay me and the Luna and a few warriors will go to the border; will you come too?" Max stated.

"Yes Alpha, I'll go get our best warriors and the Beta?" The patroller asked.

"Yes and get Gamma John too." Max stated.

"Yes Alpha. " The patroller bowed respectfully to both of us and quickly gathered John and Kris and a few warriors.

Max then shouted for everyone to shift but then I tugged his shirt sleeve. And when he looked at me realization kicked in.

"Oh right... Charity do you just want to stay behind?" Max asked.

I wanted to say no but I didn't want to make things difficult for everybody and that would just make all of the warriors suspicious of me. And... Did I really want to have a family reunion?

"I can stay behind and make sure we have rooms ready in the Pack house." I smiled.

"Thankyou you're great you know that?" Max said giving me a peck on the cheek and then shifted into his big black wolf.

I smiled as he ran off, and I walked back into the dining room where everyone was fairly quiet. It completely hushed when I walked in.

"Luna what is it?" A women holding a little infant asked at the table closest to the door.

"Alpha will explain when he gets back but for now just enjoy your meal." I stated and walked over to my table where Sofia was sitting by herself.

"Hey Sofia." I spoke in a hushed tone.

"Hello Luna. Do you wanna talk outside?" She asked almost reading my mind.

I respoded with a nod and we walked outside the dining room and walked through the halls of me and Max's home.

"Okay so the patroller said that my old pack, Fire Red is on the border but I think they come in peace so will you help me to make sure that we have rooms ready in the pack house?" I asked.

"Ofcourse Luna." Sofia smiled as we continued to walk out of the house and towards the pack house.

It was empty like I assumed since everyone was eating at my house and we walked up the stairs and made sure all the rooms had beds made and a few rooms the beds were messed up and I think I know why... We need to have adults in here supervising the teens...

Soon all the rooms were set, and when we stepped out onto the porch of the pack house, I could see my handsome mate walking with only a quarter of my old pack, and I could see Gamma John holding hands with Savanah... my sister.