Chapter 33

"Max?" I asked gently as we laid in bed without a care. 

"Yes my love?" He asked kissing my temple. 

"What's gonna happen to my sister?" I asked twisting my fingers around nervously.

"You're not gonna like it but, we're gonna try to get info about the rogues and if she struggles and doesn't tell us, she'll be tortured." He stated rubbing circles on my arms. 

"Then after?" I spoke quietly afraid of his answer.

"She dies." He stated without remorse. 

"But-"

"Enough. I don't want to talk about this." He snapped causing me to flinch. 

He turned me over to look at him. 

"I'm sorry. It's just I don't want you to try to argue because I'm not gonna change my mind. " he said firmly. 

"Okay." I squeaked out. I forgot about Max's temper sometimes. Whenever he was around me he was always calm and gentle. 

That's the mate bond for you. Hope said. 

"I have to go do some pack duties. I'll see you at dinner?" He asked giving me a kiss on the head as he got out of bed. 

"Okay." I gave him a small smile and sat up in bed as I watched him get ready. 

Even though my sister not only did cruel things to me, betrayed our pack, caused our dad to die, cheated on her mate, where am I going with this? Even though what? Why did I show compassion to her? Yeah she's family but she never treated me like it. She was so cruel and her actions were not right yet I still don't want to see her die. 

Why am I so compassionate? Why do I give people the benefit of the doubt?

Because. You were made this way. Yes she did horrible things, but taking someone's life is still never the answer. Hope said calmly. 

Ugh! My head hurts from all of this. I got out of bed and ran outside onto the balcony. I know he said not to run off on my own but this was much needed. I needed to get out on my own. I took one look back real quick, and then preceded to climb down the balcony. 

When I was close enough to the ground, I hopped off and quickly shifted and ran off. I hope no one saw me. 

I quickly ran through the forest trying to blow off steam. My emotions and logic were crashing against each other like cymbals. My head said that my sister deserved this punishment. But my heart said that no one deserves to die or suffer. 

I wanted so bad to listen to my head. I wanted so bad to reject my heart, but my heart had a stronger force. It was almost like forcing me to have a certain feeling or mindset about things. I felt controlled. I didn't like that one bit. 

I howled with anger. I want to be able to choose to not feel a certain amount of compassion. I want to be able to feel how I want. Why can't I show feelings of contempt towards the one person who had made my life a horror? Why can't I show my contempt towards the one person who helped my old pack to get destroyed? Why can't I show contempt for my old pack? Why am I so weak? My whole life in my old pack was terrible. And it was even worse because they all took advantage of my kindness. 

WHY? WHY? WHY?!