Chapter 22

When I woke up, Max was gone, but there was a knock on the door, so I got up and went to answer it.

I opened it and found Sofia standing there.

"Hello Luna, I came to escort you to where Alpha is having a meeting today to tell everyone who the knew Gamma is." She smiled small. But I could see a little hurt in her eyes, she must have been close with him after all she was the Beta female.

All I did was nod and she told me I could get ready so I closed the door and brushed my teeth and then Hope soon had me  in a short white dress with a pleated skirt, some white sandals, and my hair was in an intricate fish tale braid.

I smiled and thanked her and then I met Sophia in the hallway again.

"Shall we?" I asked.

"Okay." She nodded in reply.

We were soon at the center of the pack where a stage was set up and on top of it my handsome mate stood up there with a stoic look, but I swear when he saw me his lips quieted up a tiny bit.

Sophia then told me to go on stage with him, and all I could do was nervously nod.

I walked on up there, and soon my hand was engulfed by Max's large one and he squeezed it.

Soon everyone settled near the stage and he began to talk.

He talked about how great Luke had been and said he would be greatly missed and soon he named a new third in command, a new Gamma.

"John Branch." He said, and soon a strong burly guy with black hair and olive skin walked up on stage and shook his hand.

"Thank you Alpha." He bowed in respect.

All Max could do was nod.

"Thank you Luna." He then said to me which surprised me.

"Of course, congratulations." I soon spoke out.

After that we had a nice big lunch at our house to honor the new Gamma, and at the Alpha table, as I'd like to call it, it was weird sitting there with an empty chair where John's mate could've been, but he hasn't found his mate yet. He said he's tried looking but he has yet to find her.

Just then a border patroller came in and told Max he had to speak to him.

Max simply nodded and looked at me and I took it as a sign that he wanted me to go to.

I nodded as he grabbed my hand, and we walked to Max's office.

"What did you need to tell me?" Max asked.

"On the border, its the Fire Red Pack." The patroller stated.

~~~~

So why is Charity's old pack here? Hmmm....

Oh hey guys, I just started a new book! And I'm really excited about it! It's really different from this book. And I just love it! I think it's one of the best ideas I've ever had. It too is also a werewolf story. And it's called Destined to be Alpha. Here is the description:

At age 8, Macey Jones had everything a girl could ask for. She had loving parents, a great best friend, a wonderful pack, and she will become Alpha someday of the midnight pack after her father.

But what happens when all of that is lost?

On her 8th birthday, rogues invade her pack and destroy everything, she is the only one left.

She then ends up in her Uncle's pack, Star Pack, but there is a catch, the Alpha will only let her stay if she becomes the Omega of the pack after her Uncle steps down.

But what happens when this destined to be Alpha realizes her true potential?

She will end up back in her old pack, but she's not the Alpha that her father had planned her to be, she is the Alpha of the same rogues that killed her family.