Chapter 14

When we had gotten back to the house, it was sun set and I started to get hungry.

"Max, can we have something to eat?" I asked sheepishly.

"Of course. What would you like?" He said pecking me on the cheek, causing me to blush.

"Um I don't know. I guess I could make something." I said.

"No, please let someone else make food, that's why we have people to do that." He said frowning.

"Okay. Um spaghetti would be great?" I said as more of a question.

"Sounds good. I'll mind link someone. In the mean time...." he drifted his words and grabbed me by the hand, "let's play a game." He said sitting us down on a couch in the massive living room that could fit up to 30 people.

"What are we gonna play?" I asked intrigued.

"21 questions. I don't really know much about you, beside that you are really sweet and beautiful and absolutely amazing." He winked.

"Okay." I said blushing. "You ask first." I said holding my legs to my chest. It was okay to do so since Hope had put me in a pair of white jeans and a white top instead of a dress. You'd think it would clash but it looked cute.

"Okay, here's an easy one, what is your favorite color?" He asked.

"Um it is pale pink but recently I've taken a liking to white." I said.

"I wonder why?" Max said sarcastically.

"Okay what is your favorite food?" I asked.

"Steak. I absolutely love it." He said seriously.

"Okay." I giggled.

"Um...What is your favorite thing to do?" He asked.

"I love being outside." I said. "Especially in fields of flowers. It's my happy place." I smiled thinking of most recently when me and Max had taken a nap in the meadow.

"I could tell." He smiled pushing my hair back behind my ear. "You're so beautiful. How did I get so blessed?" Max said and kissed me.

It was a very tender and gentle kiss but was filled with so much love and passion. We were soon interrupted with a clear of someone's throat.

We released the kiss and we looked in the direction of the noise; it was Beta Kris.

"This better be important Kris." Max said sternly.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, and yes it is. There are rogues at the edge of our territory." Kris said seriously.

"Alright, I go check it out with you. Is Luke already out there?" Max said concerned.

"Yes, he's with some of our best fighters." Kris said.

"Okay." Max then turned to look at me. "Stay here Charity, do not leave this house while I'm gone." Max said kissing my cheek and he got up but I grabbed his hand before he could leave.

"Stay safe." And then I reached up on my tip toes and kissed his lips gently.

He nodded and soon he was out the front door with Kris.

I knew he would be fine, I mean he was with Luke his third in command and his beta. He will be fine. But why did I feel like he wasn't? Stop being so stupid Charity. He'll be fine.

He'll be fine right? I asked Hope.

Of course. Especially since he has you to live for. Hope replied back.

~~~~~
Thanks so much for reading guys! You guys make me feel so special!! Updates will come!