80 10 12

aidan

"what about you?" everett asks. "what are you afraid of, other than coming out one day?"

"nothing," he dismisses casually, though he can feel his pulse begin to quicken at the inquiry. fears aren't something he discusses often.

"and your anxiety attack in the practice room before break? that was nothing?"

he can't come up with an excuse, so he sighs, and diverts his gaze to the cars driving by. "i'm terrified of the future, i guess."

"what about it?"

"that one day i'm going to grow up to be what i want, but i won't be happy. i'm terrified that i won't look back at my life to see it as extraordinary. i'm terrified... that i won't do everything, that life will move so fast that i won't have time to cherish it. it's like the ocean, you know? i'm the shore, sitting there one second without thinking about the impending fear of time, and the next second, the waves are crashing down to remind me that they're still there. they drown me until i can't breathe, but then pull away before my heart stops completely."

everett sits there for a second, and then tugs at aidan's sleeve. "come here."

he folds them both into a hug, tight and calming. "it's going to be okay, alright? your life is precious, and every moment means something. if you feel that weight on your chest, though, like you're drowning again, call me, or text me; something. i want to be here for you."

aidan pulls him in for a kiss one last time before everett gets out of the car.