64 10 10

aidan

"you're the one my son has been dating."

aidan looks up from his phone, the texts from his parents disappearing off of his screen. he doesn't feel like correcting her: um... i mean, kinda, until he was forced to punch me, but like... "that's me."

"do you have a name or should i just refer to you as the boy that broke my son?"

he clenches his jaw tightly, trying to pour what little respect he has for her into his words. "i typically go by aidan, and i uh, i didn't break your son."

it's obvious that she speaks before she thinks, and she jabs a finger in his face. "he was broken years ago when i figured out his sexuality, and he thought he kept a secret, and failed. he tried to kill himself then, and he did it again today, but years ago, the reason wasn't over some stupid romantic fling."

"you ever thought he was broken because you didn't accept him?" aidan spits, cheeks flaming. "i never said i didn't trigger his suicide attempt, because hell, maybe i did, but i will always love him for who he is! i would never be pissed off at him for being pansexual and feeling like he has no on. you had no idea what he was going through before..."

she takes a deep breath. "do you feel better now?"

"feel better? everett almost died. i am nowhere near feeling close to mediocre."

she closes off even more, lifting her chin higher and turning her shoulder. "i'm sorry, aidan, but you should be leaving. family only."

he stands up abruptly, barely a foot away from her face. "i hope you start acting like it."

grabbing his bag, he storms out of the hospital, leaving everett's mother to gape at him.