Chapter 28

Trisha's POV:

"Like this?" Turning on the stove recklessly, a huge flame to appear instantly, causing Adrian to jump back in surprise.

"No no no! The flame is too big! Smaller!" He quickly adjusted the nob, lowering the flame significantly.

"Smaller?"

"That's fine. All you have to do now is to stir every 15 minutes for 1 ½ to 2 hours. Make sure to not let the rice stick to the bottom or else it will burn. That's about it." After covering the pot with its lid, he let out a deep breath before relaxing against the wall.

"Okay. Got it. Every 15 minutes."

"Now go and take a seat while I clean up your mess. Geez...you really made a mess."

"Sorry. I'll help clean-"

"It's fine. We don't need any bacteria to enter your cuts and make them infected." I think the cuts he made on the chicken is equivalent to the cuts he inflicted on himself. He keeps cutting his fingers instead of the piece of meat on the chopping board.

It's heartening however. It's the first time Adrian has ever tried to hard to do something himself which is beyond his limit. Despite all the cuts he suffered, he did not give up halfway or even ask me for any help but insisted to do it all by himself.

He even rushed back home after work today just to make it for Ryan. Of course, he came home earlier so that he will be able to make it on time for him to bring it to Ryan as dinner. It's really heart-warming and touching to see him so in love with Ryan.

After cleaning up the kitchen, I brought the medical kit to the living room only to spot him seated patiently, watching the time with much focus. He really is cute looking all so serious when he's focused on a certain thing. "Here, give me your hands. I have to disinfect your cuts."

"Thanks mum."

"Don't worry about it hun."

"Mum?"

"Yes dear?"

"Do you think the congee will turn out okay?"

"Of course. You put your heart and soul into making it so I'm sure it will come out great." He stared at me with hesitation in his eyes as he eyed the pot worriedly. Sigh...this boy.

"What if it doesn't? What if Ryan doesn't like it's taste or texture or-"

"Adrian. Sometimes, it is the heart that matters. I believe that Ryan can feel your true feelings from it too. This is the first time you ever made something by yourself too, right? Don't be so hard on yourself."

"But-oh! It's 15 minutes already. Give me a sec, mum." Standing up quickly, he dashed into the kitchen to find a ladle before stirring the congee with much seriousness and caution.

It's obvious to see that he really grew up a lot after admitting his feelings to Ryan. I'm really glad that he have found someone who loves him equally hard as he does. What matters the most is for them to find their true happiness, be it from each other or from others.

"I'm back mum, sorry for making you wait."

"No worries. You made sure to not let them stick to the pot right?"

"Yeah. Hopefully it will really turn out well." It will. Don't worry so much love.

"Don't worry. Now, give me your hand. I still have a few more fingers to go. Sigh...you should be more careful next time. I asked you to cut the chicken, not your fingers."

"It's my first time handling a knife...for cooking. It felt dangerous to be honest."

"You'll get used to it in time. It's actually very simple once you get the hang of it."