Chapter 38

Ryan's POV:

"It's break time Rey!" Arien slammed the staff's door open, causing a loud bang, scaring me and one of his other colleague.

Being an admin staff, I settle things at the front desk while Arien, being one of the officers, handles their cases in the staffroom just beside the front desk.

"Going for lunch, Officer Arien?" His colleague/ my mentor, Stella, called out gently as he nodded at her question with a bright smile.

"Yup. I thought of bringing Rey out to the neighbourhood to show him around at the same time. Wanna join?"

"It's fine, Officer Arien. Someone has to tend to the front desk."

"If you say so...Let's go Rey!" Without even being able to ask him a single question, he dragged me by hand, out of the station and onto the streets where passersby stared at us curiously due to the sudden appearance.

"So, how's the job till now?" He asked casually as we walked down the sidewalk.

"It's manageable. I kinda enjoy it."

"That's great. By the way, would you like to visit our training grounds?"

"Can I?!" I asked a little too excitedly, making him chuckle at my reaction. I've never been to a police training ground so I really want to see it at least once... don't judge.

"Of course. I'll bring you around later when we get back."

"Thanks Arien!" He beamed widely at my excitement before halting in front of a eatery.

"No problem. Ah! Let's go here." He pointed eagerly towards a western eatery before dragging me by hand once again to the eatery. "My treat don't worry."

"W-What? N-No. It's okay. I'll pay for myself."

"Nonsense. Which senior will let their junior pay for the food. Not me. Just take it as a welcome treat from me."

"But-" Before I can say anything else, he place his finger over my lips while giving me the 'I dare you say anything else' look, which is scary as hell. Okay, I'll shut.

"Good boy. Let's go." He says sweetly before dragging me in by hand once again into the eatery and to a table at the back. Geez...he's really domineering. Upon sitting down at the opposite side of him, he passed me the menu before leaning back against the chair.

As if sensing my gaze on him, he turned to face me with raised brows. "Don't stare at me, order."

"How about you, Arien?"

"I already know what I want. Order anything you want. Don't worry about the price."

"But-"

"Just. Order." He says with dominance in his tone, sending a shiver down my spine as he stared at me with his firm gaze.

"Y-Yes." Opening the menu, I buried my head in it to avoid his intimidating gaze as I scanned through the menu quickly, finally deciding on my order.

"I-I'm done." Nodding slightly, he raised his hand to call for a waiter which arrived shortly after.

"May I take your orders please?" The waiter asked politely as he stared at Arien but changed his gaze onto me when Arien motioned him to take my order first.

"M-May I have a cheesy tomato pasta bake?"