Declaration

Mavis

Nerves hit me like steel. I woke up in my bed, every muscle in my body tensed. I remember everything. That was not a dream. Which means only one thing.

My best friends are going to declare their love for me.

A new feeling ripples throughout my body. I'm not even sure how I feel about them romantically!

Fear gripped my heart. I didn't want to hurt them. Maybe I could pretend to be sick? No, that wouldn't work. I'm good at acting, but I'll have to face them sooner or later.

I wish it was later though.

*-*

I made my way through the front doors of the school, wearing my faded skinny jeans, thick black sweater, and a pair of white converse.

I looked around, making sure I was alone before sighing in relief.

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

I suddenly felt a light tap on my shoulder. I squeaked in surprise, jerking around to see Luca and Anthony there. I smiled cautiously, fear filling my heart along with another emotion I didn't understand.

"Hey Mavis!" Luca yips in excitement as he nudged Anthony gently. Anthony's eyes widened for a split second, nervousness basically spilling from his pores. He gave a small smile, clearing his throat nervously.

"At the end of school, could you meet us on the roof to talk about something?" He nervously stuttered out. It was obvious he was a bit scared of what I would say.

I knew what was going to happen. I was terrified. But thank goodness I'm a great actress.

"Sure." I smiled, masking my true feelings. They wanted to meet with me? Oh no.

Anrhony smiled gently, cupping my face with one hand and staring into my eyes. My heart began to beat faster.

What is he doing?

Why am I so nervous?

What is this feeling?

Notincing my anxiousness, Anrhony smiled evilly, before releasing me slowly to turn to walk away.

When he disappeared behind a corner, I realized Luca was still standing there.

I turned to him quickly to see him watching me, anger brimming in his eyes. He grabbed my hand aggressively and pulled me into a hug. He rested his head in the crook of my neck, making me blush. My heart wouldn't - couldn't - calm down. I was a giant ball of nerves.

He released me with a cheeky grin, kissing the side of my head gently, making me blush harder.

"I-I'll see you later Luca," I called before turning and sprinting away from him.

"Mavis!" I heard him call behind me, but I kept running, too scared to stop and face him now.

I stopped in front of my English class and made my way inside, thankful that I didn't share any classes with the guys.

*-*

It was the end of the day. I made my way to the roof, my hands shaking. They were going to confess! How do I reject them? Should I reject them?

I shook my head.

That could wait.

I opened the door to see only Anthony and Luca standing there. Confused, I closed the door, alerting the two that I was there.

They turned around, lust evident in their eyes. My heart did a weird flip and I could swear it started to speed up again.

"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move.

Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling me close to him. A jealous snarl ripped from Anthony's chest. Did he just growl? What the hell's going on here?!

Luca leaned closer to me, ignoring Anthony. "I'm not good with words like these. But you know that, Mavis." He smiled gently while his eyes filled with an emotion - love?- that caused butterflies in my stomach. A warm feeling surrounded my heart. Did it just speed up?

"So, this is the only way I can describe it."

He suddenly leaned his head down and captured my lips in a long kiss. It was gentle, yet harsh. He claimed my lips as his own, taking complete control. He made a possessive noise into the kiss. making my heart fill with affection.

I was suddenly jerked from him and a second body wrapped around me possessively. It was Anthony.

And he looked pissed.

"You can't just take her first kiss like that! It should've been me!" He snapped, his anger directing to Luca. Luca only grinned and sent Anthony a deadly look. "She was my love first. That only means I get her first kiss," Luca said. Anthony simply huffed, still upset.

He suddenly pulled me closer and bent down to slam his lips against mine.

It was anything but gentle. Rough, commanding, and full of lust. His kiss took so much control, I could barely breathe. My body was on fire. I could barely keep up.

It seemed to only last a few seconds before another pair of arms pulled me away.

It was Mason, Leo, and Dylan.

And they weren't just pissed.

They were beyond that.