Epilogue

^ I had to ^

I closed the thick book that rested in my hands. I glanced out at the sky.

I wish we had what these six did, I thought grimly.

"Thorne!" Zekar shouted from behind me. I turned my head to glance at him through the hoodie that rested on my head, covering my eyes. The tall, dark skinned man with cropped black hair smiled back at me.

"Did you finish that book?" He grinned cheekily. I sighed.

"Yeah," I called back.

"What was it called?"

I stood up from my resting position. I had to tell him about my book? And share about how there are certain scenes in here? That's hard. Although I skipped through them. It was too nasty for me. I've always been bad about things like that.

I glanced behind me. The once beautiful New York City was now in ruins. Fire was everywhere. Half the giant buildings were no longer standing in their full glory. Sirens echoed in the distance. Below, you could see small bodies running back and forth, some falling to the ground. The sky was dark. Night was coming.

I glanced back down at the book I held in my hands. Unfortunately, they never said what happened about Mavis and her mates. I was really pissed about that.

Zekar cleared his throat, raising his eyebrow. I sighed. "It was the legend of the Blood War. With the Blood Brothers and their mate."

"I knew it!" Shouted Zekar. I couldn't hold back the smile at my geeky mate. He always seemed to be so bright in these situations.

We stood seventeen stories above ground, in an old hotel. It was quite nice here with my mate Zekar. We were the only werewolves left, after all.

"I wish those six were still here. After the meteor strike everything went into chaos. The Blood Brothers had to hold back the vampires, since the vampires gained incredible powers with meteor strikes. Sadly, they all disappeared. I wonder what ever happened to them. It's been twenty years. Lord knows we could use their help," grumbled Zekar. I laughed lazily, before repositioning my knives so they were easier to access. "Well, sometimes shit happens." Zekar seemed to agree silently, the black armor he was wearing gleamed in the fires' radiant glow.

Gunshots were heard from below us. They're here. The vampires that destroyed all of humanity and all of the werewolves. I knew for a fact we were the only ones left they had to kill off.

Zekar gave me a knowing look. His smile was grim, but determined. With the number of footsteps underneath us, we both knew we wouldn't make it. But I think we were ready to die. There was nothing left in the world for us. No family from Zekar, mine disappeared. Now all I have left to remember them bye is this book in my hand.

I wiped away my fear-filled tears, and pulled out my throwing knives. Zekar shared a look with me. We both nodded.

One hundred footsteps away.

"Let's see what you can do, hm?" Zekar challenged me.

Ninety footsteps.

I took a deep breath.

Eighty.

I gave Zekar a playful glare, despite my nerves.

Seventy shots from death.

"I bet I can kill more," I jeered.

Sixty now.

Zekar huffed in amusement.