Hospitalized

Mavis

I had always assumed the good things happened to the kind people, and the bad things happened to the evil people. I knew that there may have been a few bumps in the road for everyone, but I never thought once that that bump would be a wall.

A wall that couldn't be moved. It went as high as the sky, and even dug into the ground. It was solid iron.

What happens then?

I can say now that this is the most empty with emotions, at the same time as the most emotions I've ever envountered, that I've ever felt. But I can say this much:

In all words, all it can really put together is the fact that I'm scared. Terrified. Knowing that there wasn't just one life, one soul, one mind, one body. Not one heart. Not one heartbeat.

In the darkness, there were two.

Thump thump, thump thump. The beat of their heartbeats roared in the ears of a girl who knew nothing of the cruelty in the world. Nothing of having her own future. Nothing of getting married, having children, growing old with the ones she loved.

But all she knew, in that hazy darkness that was called unconsciousness, was that there wasn't one heartbeat. There was two.

She knew. She wasn't ready, but she didn't care. She wasn't going to give up because of who or what did this.

There was a baby inside of her, and she was keeping it. There was a baby inside of me, and I'm keeping it. Keeping the little mistake. But it wasn't a mistake. It doesn't have to know. I won't let it know.

I love this baby. So, so much.

Leo

It has been a day. Another day. A week. No response.

Nothing from my precious mate.

We all knew that she had been through hell. Fuck, you can still see it on her beautiful face in the hospital bed she was resting on. Her long wavy brown hair fell in messy clumps down her sides, or squished beneath her back, where it meets the bed. I sat on the small plastic chair in the room, Mason and Luca resting on the small couch next to me. Dylan and Anthony were sitting on the two chairs on the opposite sides of the room. We all looked like shit.

We haven't moved from this spot for hours, days. And I'm not planning on moving anytime soon. I don't give a damn waht the other guys do at this point, I'm just staying with my mate.

I could feel that she was okay in my heart, but that didn't stop the restless Griffin from howling in grief from the absence of his beautiful and petite mate. I can't eat, sleep, or even get up to use the bathroom without thinking about Mavis. Her beautiful smell, intoxicating beauty, angelic voice. She is all I can see now. She haunts my dreams, forcing me to stay awake. I wish I could hate her for it.

But I could never do that to her. I love her too much.

We would never leave her, Griffin snarled. I agreed mentally.

I glanced around the room. The alarm clock read 6:47 am. The guys all around me were the same as me. Conscious but not in their minds. They were all slowly going insane. As the leader, I could feel it. Deep inside my bones like a powerful urge to slam my fist into an innocent wall.

An accelerated beep, beep, beep startled me, causing me to snap my head so fast I almost had whiplash. I stared down the bed Mavis rested on, as her beautiful violet eyes slowly opened. I could feel my entire body shut down in relief. I let out a small growl, causing the other guys to glance at Mavis, then return their gaze back to her as they realized she was awake. Anthony stood up so fast his chair toppled over, while Luca and Dylan ran to Mavis's side instantly.

"Little mate, you've been out for a week. Are you okay? We'll never hurt you again. We killed Jesse for what he did. You're safe now," Mason rambled nervously, as he held a death grip with her small hand. I couldn't help but silently fume at his closeness with her.

I stood up, and shoved my way past Mason, bending down to softly kiss Mavis's sweet, soft lips. It took her a moment, but she slowly wrapped her thinner arms around me, causing me to growl in approval.

Snarls rang throughout the room, as I was ripped away from Mavis by a raging Anthony. I growled and snapped my teeth at him, which usually caused him to submit and apologize, but this time he merely glared back.

"Why the hell did you kiss her?!" Shouted Mason.

"Yeah! Why do you get her first? She's mine too!" Growled Luca, causing me to turn and snarl at him, making him flinch a little. I let out a menacing growl, forcing my friends to submit. A small whimper made me whip around, and instantly soften. Mavis was on the opposite side of the bed from where I saw, whining and showing her neck in submission. But for whatever reason she was holding on to her stomach. Maybe she was just hungry. It would be understandable.

I reached out for her, but growled when Dylan picked her up from the other side before I could touch her. She snuggled into his chest, making me let out another growl. Dylan's chest rumbled with laughter as her small head burried into his neck. He kissed her forehead lovingly, and he dug his nose into her neck. I stomped towards Dylan, grabbing her waist and pulled her from him. Dylan let go, startled. But when he saw me his eyes darkened. I forced Griffin back at his obvious challenge, and merely huffed at him. When I looked fown, I could tell my mate was tired. I wrapped her legs around me, and turned to the door.

"Let's take Mavis home, guys."

*-*

After checking Mavis out, signing medical forms, giving her a check-up, and driving home with four guys constantly fighting over who would hold Mavis, we finally got back to the house. I could tell Mavis was physically drained, so I set her in her bed in her bedroom, and rested next to her, pulling the covers over both of us, and engulfing her body with mine.

Once I felt her even breaths, I knew she was asleep. The door opened, and Luca stepped through, closing it silently. He rested on the bed behind Mavis, and silently wrapped his arms around her back. I raised my eyebrow, but didn't argue, as I slowly lowered my head on the pillow that was close to me, and slowly fell asleep.

(Hope y'all emjoyed the extra filler chapter! Love u guys so much!)