11. Prank

Maahi's pov:

When I woke up his peaceful face came into my view. He is very handsome. I never thought I would marry someone who is so good looking as I am not that good but my cousin always says that I am beautiful the way I am. I am very happy inside because I got to know that he cares for me. The way he hugged me to him after we ran from there showed how much he care for me. I feel like I made a small place for myself in his heart. I wish I occupy it completely. My eyes widened at this thought. What the hell am I thinking? No no Maahi you can't fall in love with him keep this in your mind. He already love someone and it will only break your heart to love him. I am not ready to go through that pain.

He slowly opened his eyes and I smiled at him but he glared at me and then averted his eyes from me. He stood up and adjusted his clothes and removed the grass sticked to his dress. I also did the same. He didn't speak a word and started walking but he kept a check upon me to confirm that I am following him.

I said,"Zaan.."

He said,"Don't talk with me right now. I am very angry and I don't want to say something which I will regret later"

I said,"but I want to as-"

He said,"Please Maahi.."

I sighed and went silent.

After sometime he stopped and turned around. H came face to face with me and said,"What you want to say?"

I said," What happened to our luggage?"

He closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead with his hands but what I said is not wrong.

I added,"we brought so many new clothes and my jewellery everything was in it so I am worried. It will cost a lot if it gets stolen and I-"

He said,"Stop. It was better when you are silent. Once you start there is no stopping you. Chatter box" he muttered the last part to himself.

I got angry and wanted to argue with him but his face is telling me that now is not the time so I didn't say anything.

He said,"We are in more difficult situation. If we didn't find road soon then we might die of sunburn, it's too hot"

I think he didn't have much experience with sun because for me I think it's not that hot but I am not going to argue with him.

Then he looked at my feet and said,"What the hell happened to your legs?"

I looked down and blood was coming out of him. I was in pain but I didn't knew it was this bad. I said," yesterday I lost my slippers so"

He said,"oh shut I forgot. You are so stupid. You should have told me. How are you walking with that legs? Idiot, Accident prone,stupid what I am going to do with you..? Always running into trouble because of you i will also get in trouble. Maan bhai with whom you got me married."

Enough is enough. I am not saying anything. It doesn't mean it's not hurting me. He was about to lift me in his arms but I moved back.

I said,"I don't need your help. Sorry for causing trouble but now I don't want to trouble you anymore so you go your way and I will find mine."

I was about to go from there when he got hold of my hand and even after my protest he lifted me in bridal style. I was struggling in his arms when he said,"Stop now. I don't have energy to fight with you. You are my responsibility and If something happens to you then bhai will kill me so shut up and be quiet. I am already very exhausted."

I am very hungry right now but he will definitely kill me if I say that loud. I placed my hand around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.

I don't how but I slowly drifted to sleep. When I woke up I was in a room. My legs were bandaged and I am wearing fresh clothes. Where the hell am I ? Where is Zaan? Do we got kidnapped? But then we will not be in this luxurious room. We might be rotting in some go down. I was about to place my legs on ground to look for him when a voice said,"Don't get down stay put."