44. Forgiveness

Zaan's pov:

Maahi didn't speak anything all the way. I am so tensed why can't I remember anything? How I got to that hotel? How Maahi came there? What happened to Laila? Did Maahi saw us together? Did we had s*x? No by looking at Maahi I don't think something happened me and Laila but When I woke up I was naked. I am going mad.

We reached home and I impatiently said,"Now please will you tell me what happened? I am going crazy over here."

She was about to speak when the door bell rang. Maahi opened the door and I was shocked to see Rizwan. What the hell is he doing in my house?

Before I can say anything. Maahi said,"Come inside Rizwan"

What is happening? Did I really cheat on Maahi yesterday? Is she will leave me and go to Rizwan? Like they show in Ammi's serial. You cheated on me. You don't deserve me. I am leaving you for Rizwan. He can understand me better as he is going through same pain as me. I will marry him.

I shouted,"No" loudly which startled both Maahi and Rizwan. Maahi was immediately on my side.

She said,"What happened,Zaan? Why are so tensed? You are sweating. Sit. I will get water."

I grabbed her hand and said,"No, I am fine. Don't go anywhere leaving me. Sit here." I patted on my side.

Rizwan smiled and sat infront of us.

He said,"I know what's going through your mind Zaan but don't worry nothing that sort will happen. She loves you a lot to leave you. "

I ignored him and looked at Maahi.

I said,"Maahi please tell me what happened I am dying with suspense."

Rizwan said,"I will tell you. Actually-"

I stopped him by showing hand.

I said,"I am not talking to you so stay out of it. Anyway what are you doing here at my house?"

Maahi said,"Don't be rude Zaan. He helped us yesterday. If he was not there then something very bad woukd have happened."

I sighed so naive and forgiving but I am not.

I said,"I don't know what game you are playing Rizwan but I know you have planned it along with your wife."

He shook his head and said,"No, I will never help her in what she was suppose to do yesterday. I am her husband. She is love of my life. I would never allow my wife to sleep with other man."

I gasped at this.

Maahi said,"Zaan, Laila she mixed drug in your water. That drug makes you too horny and you lose all your senses only thing on mind. You will not remember anything that happened. That is why you don't remember anything after that."

I can't believe she will scoop to this level just spend night with me.

Rizwan said,"I am sorry Zaan. I can't tell you how guilty I am for what I did to you. I lied to you that I never thought of you as friend. I really was friend Zaan. Even though I was envious of you for having a big brother who helps you and makes everything easier for you. I never wanted to hurt you or harm you then Laila came into our lives. Zaan, I loved her from first sight. She was everything I wanted in my life partner but she chose you. You never treated as she deserves to be treated. I was jealous. You get everything so easily but you never value it. "

I sighed. I am tired of his judgemental nature. I am not going to give any explanation.

He continued," You used to fight with her all the time. She was not your first priority. She use to cry near me and I comforted her. You have no idea Zaan how much it hurt me to see her cry infront of me for another man. I slowly started hating you. One day I decided that I will make her mine no matter what I have to do. I did what it takes to convince her to marry me and I succeeded after lots of efforts. Finally she was mine. My wife. It may hurt you but I never felt guilty for taking my friend's girlfriend because I knew you never loved her. You are just attracted to her. I thought with time you both will move on. She will accept me but no. No matter what I do it was never enough. She never tried to accept me or work on our relationship. I even tried to make her jealous by bringing girls or flirting with them but nothing mattered to her. She was so unaffected. She only wanted you. Your love not mine. The only thing that stopped her from divorcing me was my status and the privileges that she got from them. I waited and waited and waited but she never took a single step towards me."

I can see tears forming in his eyes.

He said,"I started blaming you for this. I know it was wrong but time that felt like the most logical thing. I started blaming my life's every mishap on you then you got married to Maahi. Laila completely broke down when she got to know about this. She never thought you could move on form her. She told that she was waiting for you that one day you will come and tell her that you can't live without her and will do anything to get her back. You will go against your brother and fight for your right but it never happened. Yoy married Maahi and started your happy married life. I thought now she will move on and accept me but no. She started thinking of ways to separate both of you. I hated that you are so happy in your life when because of you my life is miserable. I wanted to make you suffer so I started planning revenge on you. "

I really felt bad for him. If Maahi loved someone else and obsessesd over him then I don't know what I will do.

I said,"Then why you helped Maahi yesterday?"

He said,"I was taken aback when you refused offer of Laila to sleep with her for investment. I don't know how but it kind of removed the blindfold from my eyes. Even though you were so toigh spot and you would have lost everything. You chose the right path. I always thought you are good for nothing without your brother but yoo proved me wrong when you handled everything in your brother's absence so when I got to know what Laila is planning. I helped you . May be it will help me to reduce the guilt I am feeling right now. I am sorry Zaan. Please forgive me. "

I feel bad for him but I can't forgive him so easily. I was silent

He said,"It's okay. I understand. If I was in your place then I might have done the same thing.Me and Laila are going to U.S. We might not come back for years. I am admitting Laila in hospital until she recovers from psychological issues. May be when we can finally face everyone we will be back. You don't have to worry about you. We will not intervene in your life anymore. Have a happy life, Zaan. I just came to bid farewell. Please try to forgive me for old time sake. Bye."

He was leaving when Maahi glared at me. She muttered,"Forgive him now otherwise I will not forgive you."

I said,"What?"

She said,"He is trying to start over relieve him from past burdens."

I sighed and called him,"Rizwan"

He turned around and I said,"I forgive you. All the best for your new start"

He immediately hugged me and said,"Thank you Zaan. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much relieved I am feeling right now. Thank you."

Then he looked at Maahi and said,"Thank you Maahi. You are perfect for him. Please keep him happy."

He left.

Me too felt relieved after forgiving him. Like a burden lifted from my shoulder. I felt light and happy. I hugged Maahi and kissed her forehead. She is the angel who sorted my life and filled it with happiness otherwise my life was so messed up. I was filled with hurt and anger.

Hope you are enjoying :)