13. He is Mine

Maahi's pov:

Zaan said,"Do you have feelings for me?"

I don't know what to say like how he cares for me, how he respects Maan bhai, how he always try to be happy and makes other's happy even though he is going through pain. I think I should tell him that I like him.

I was about to say when he started laughing. I got confused and looked at him.

He said,"Look at your face. I was just kidding. I know you don't have any feelings for me. I hope it stays that way because I don't want to break your heart. I don't believe in love. One side love hurts a lot."

I saw his eyes getting moist but he controlled himself.

"Let's stop this conversation here. You want to come with me?" He asked looking at me.

The way my heart hurts right now. I think I already started to love him but I have to stop myself before it's too late and I end up breaking my heart. I should stay away from him.

I said,"No..I think I will stay here."

He sighed and said,"Why you always try to do things opposite of whatever I say?"

I said,"It's nothing like that. I-I think ahhh..I think my pain came back my feet are hurting a lot."

He smiled and said,"You know you are very bad at acting. Anyway if you don't want to come. Stay here alone. "

With this he started walking towards door and started saying loudly"I think I should have ice cream with lots and lots of chocolate sauce."

Ice cream.. I love Ice cream.. that to with chocolate sauce. I want to eat it. I want to go out. I am tired of staying in room. Zaan I hate you. Because of you I am going through this. Fighting with myself.

Then he turned to me and said,"You can order whatever you want. I will have my dinner and come. Okay?"

I hate eating alone.

I said,"Why? Let's eat together."

He said,"oh come on understand Maahi. I was waiting for this moment. You will not be there and I can enjoy some good company for some time. A Beautiful girl and candle light dinner. Less lighting...more touching...I can't wait I have to go."

My heart started beating faster with fear. Images of him with some other girl are burning my insides. I want to kill him for thinking of other girl but what right do I have. Still I am not going to leave him just like that.

He was about to open door when I said,"I changed my mind. I want to come."

He said,"Oh come on. Don't spoil my plans Maahi. You have pain in your feet. You rest.I am going."

He opened the door and stepped out. I quickly ran towards him and the pain in my feet increased and blood started coming out. He quickly ran towards me and lifted me in his arms in bridal style.

He said,"God you are so stubborn."

He made me sit on sofa and brought the first aid kit . He removed the bandage and started cleaning my wounds.

He said,"If you keep doing this then you will miss your cousin's wedding. How careless of you? Doctor told you to avoid walking and you are trying to run. How stupid you can get?"

He looked angry. He said,"Next time you behave like this. I will tell Maan bhai and you know how he is. He will immediately call us back. Do you want that?"

I shook my head in no.

He said,"Are you going to listen to me?"

I nodded.