33. Distant

Maahi's pov:

When I woke up I am in hospital. Who brought me here? What happened? Slowly everything flashed infront of me. Zaan cheated on me with Laila. I was driving back and then I got into an accident. My stomach was hurting. My baby. I panicked touched my stomach.

I heard a voice say,"Finally you are awake."

I looked up to see Zaan standing infront of me. He said,"You scared everyone of us. Why were you driving so rashly in the middle of the night?"

I don't want to talk to him.

He said,"Can't you hear me? Wait I will get the doctor."

He went away from there.

When Doctor came there she said,"How are you feeling now Maahi?"

I said,"My baby. How is my baby?"

She said,"Calm down Maahi."

Why are they not replying?

I said,"What happened to my baby?"

Zaan said,"Leave us alone."

Doctor left from there.

Zaan sat beside me and took my hand in his.

He said,"Maahi..Our baby-"

I removed my hand from his and said,"It's just my baby. You have nothing to do with the baby."

He sighed and said,"Maahi, baby is more. You miscarried the baby."

Tears well in my eyes. I was not able to protect my baby. I killed my baby. All because of you Zaan I hate you. I hate you Zaan.

He wrapped me in his arms and said,"I am Sorry."

The images of him with Laila flashed infront of me.

I pushed him away.

He said,"I know you are angry with me. I am sorry Maahi. I was very angry that day and said so many things to you but I never meant them. I hope you understand. Let's forget all this just like a bad dream. Let's move on."

I said,"you are right. Let's move on. Let's forget everything like a bad dream. I want to be stay away from this relationship. Let's stay seperate Zaan. I can't stay with you. You will remind me every second that I failed to save my child. You are the reason why my baby is not in this world."

Zaan got shocked and he was silent for few minutes then he said,"You are very emotional right now. Let's talk about this later. You should not make decision in this state. You take rest."

I said,"I am not going to change my decision."

He said,"Maahi You are being unreasonable now. It was my baby as well. I am also feeling hurt just like you."

I said,"Don't lie Zaan. You always wanted this. I even doubt is it because of my health or you are not ready to be father. Now everything makes sense to me How you got panicked when we had sex without protection. You don't want to be father. It was never about me it was always about you. I was so stupid. We both want different things from life. It's better if we go in different ways."

He said,"Maahi you misunderstanding me. It was not my inte-"

I turned away from him and said,"Just go away Zaan. I don't want to see your face. Stay away from me."

He tried to say something but I shouted at him,"JUST GO. PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE."

After sometime when I looked back he was gone. He never came to see me from then.

After a week I got discharged I don't want to go to him right now. I was pondering on where to go when Asad bhai came inside and said,"Let's go home"

He is the one who brought me to hospital then he called Zaan and he came here. After Zaan left he took care of me. He and Maira bhabhi were there for me but I don't want to go with him. I don't want my family to know about what happened between me and Zaan.

He said bringing me out of my thoughts,"I know what you are thinking but we have not told anyone about what happened and we will keep it secret as long as you want. "

I said,"You have done a lot for me. I don't want to burden you."

He said,"You are like my sister and Sister are never burden to a brother."

Maira bhabhi said,"Please come with us."

I left with him.

Zaan's pov:

What the hell happened in span of one day?

Maan bhai always told me to control my temper. My anger will someday cost me something precious. That day has come I lost my Maahi because of my anger.

She thinks I am hurt with death of our baby but I am hurt. I loved the baby. I want our baby to born but not at the cost of Maahi's life. I was not happy to abort the baby. I was also hurting from inside but the fear of losing Maahi was the main concern. Once I got the news that our baby is no more I felt like part of me has died with it.

I thought we both will become strength of each other that this tough time but she is blaming me for all this. I don't understand what I did?

Her relatives are not allowing me to see her. I have not seen her in days. They always say she don't want to meet me. Today she got discharged but she didn't come home. I went to take her but she already left with her cousin. I don't know what to do. She is not lifting my calls. Her cousin guards are not allowing me to go inside his house.

I wish Maan bhai or Ammi would have been with me. Ammi is with Maan bhai. She thinks he will not take care of himself properly so he always goes with him wherever he goes. I don't want to stress them. They are already stressed out because of the situation happened with Jiya. Aliya is in Hostel. I feel so lonely in this big mansion. I have so many relations but yet no one when I needed them the most.

I don't know what should I do? I have lot of work as Maan bhai is not here but I am not able concentrate on the time I think is about Maahi and I don't know why this Laila keeps calling me? What the hell is wrong with her? I don't know how to make her understand that I don't love her. I don't want her. Maahi is the only girl who has place in my life.

I have to do something just then I got courier. My world shattered when I opened the card.

It has divorce papers and already has Maahi's signature.

What the hell is wrong with this girl?

I thought she is angry. She will.come back once she cools down but she has other plans. I never thought she can do this to me. I will not sit quiet. I want answers. I will get them. I was ready to abort my child to be with her and she will let her go just like that if she sends divorce papers. No..never..just wait and watch Maahi. You will come to me by yourself that too before today's sunset.

Hope you are enjoying :)

ZaaHi