34. Act

Maahi's pov:

I want to go back to Zaan but How can I stay with him after what I saw? I was waiting for him to come and explain to me. Ask me to go back with him but No he didn't show up. He must be enjoying his freedom with his lover. Idiot. I hate him. After all the things she did How can he go back to her? Shameless fellow I was right about him. Stupid. I can't believe I am dying to be with such person. I lost my mind. I have gone mad. I lost our baby because of him but somewhere I know it was an accident. He was not at fault. I can't completely blame him. I am going crazy. Where are you Zaan? Don't you miss me it's been more than a week since we are staying apart.

Time passed by and I lost hope. After a month I received divorce papers from him. What did I expect? Ofcourse he will ask for divorce so that he can go back to Laila. I signed the papers. If this is what he want then I will give him. I don't want to force myself on him.

Two days passed and when I was in college I got to know Zaan met with an accident and he is in critical condition. Watch man will not allow to go out so with the help of Sumair I jumped the college wall. I quickly took cab and went to the hospital. I am shaking from inside. Please please Allah keep him safe. Once I reached hospital I asked for his room number but they told me Zaan is already discharged and he went home. When I tried to ask her about his health she just ushered me out saying they can't disclose those details. I was torn between to go back to Asad bhai's house or go home and check on Zaan. Unknowingly when I sat in cab I told him the address of my home. Once I reached home I went inside and rang the bell but no one opened the door. I have keys and hope that they are still in my purse as I have not removed them from it. Thank god keys are with me. I unlocked the door and went inside. I called out Zaan's name but no response. I quickly went to our room. There he is lying on bed. He has bandage on his head. Cast on his hand and leg. He seems to be in deep sleep may be due to pain killers but where are all the maids or nurse. No one is there to take care of him. Maan bhai or Ammi no one is here. Especially his so called ex-girlfriend who is back in his life. My blood boils when ever I think about her but what to blame her? My husband itself is at fault. If he would have valued our relation then he would have never fall for her tricks.

I will stay here till someone comes to take care of him. I mean I just want to be sure that he is taken care of in my absence. No matter what I am still his wife. Am I right? Did he sign the papers? This is not the time to think about it. I don't know when I fell asleep waiting for his caretaker.

I woke up to the sound of my ringtone. Faraz?? Why is he calling me? I looked at time it's 7:00 PM. Shut I slept all evening. I picked ny phone before it disturbs Zaan.

I said,"Hello Faraz"

He said,"Where the hell are you? I came to pick you up from college but you were not there?"

I said,"I am at my friend's house. We had assignment to finish so I will be staying with her tonight."

He said,"Friend?? Which friend?"

I said,"R-Ruby. I am with Ruby."

He said,"You should have informed me. I was worried."

I said,"Sorry. Next time I will inform. Bye."

I cut the call and startled when I turned around. Zaan was sitting on bed glaring at me.

Zaan's pov:

After lots of convincing Sumair agreed to help me. He told Maahi that I met with an accident. When she left the college He called me and informed me about this. I gave leave to all the staff and with the help of my Doctor friend I faked the injuries. Once I saw her entering the gate I lied on bed. I know she has keys so I didn't open the door when she rang the bell. When she called my name I just wanted to run to her but I controlled myself. I can't blow up my last chance. If this time I filed then I will loose her forever.

When she entered our room and sat beside me It was so hard to control the urge to hug her but I gathered all my courage and stayed still. I felt her hands on my cheek. She was rubbing it with her thumb. I know she is caressing my cheek and looking at me. I wanted to open my eyes to see if I can find the same love for me in her eyes which she had before but I can't do it. I felt so helpless.

After some time I felt no moment from her side so I opened peaked ftom my eyes and found her asleep. She was sleeping in so uncomfortable position. I wanted to help her lie on bed but then when she will woke up I will be caught so I slowly adjusted her so that she will be little comfortable.

I was just staring at her. She is very beautiful. I must be blind to not see this before. Thanks to Maan bhai she became my wife otherwise she would have been my sister-in-law. I cringed at that thought. I don't understand how she changed. The one who always stood by my side, fought for me with everyone, trusted my every word became so against me. She was the one who was keeping our relation together. Once she left the thread our relation broke into pieces. So many misunderstandings came between us. This time she is not ready to fight for me so I will fight for her to save our relation. I don't know how time passed because I was just savering the moment of looking at my wife. It's been nearly a month since I saw her.
Her phone started ringing I looked at the caller ID..Faraz..That idiot thinks he can snatch my wife from me but what he don't understand is that I will never let that happen. I am not Maan bhai to let her go like he let Jiya go even I have to lock her up I will not back out. She will always be mine.
You realize the worth of person when we lose them but Thanks to Allah I realized worth of my wife when I was on brink of losing her. I came to my senses before it's too late.

I was about to cut his call when Maahi moved at her place I laid back on her place.

She lifted the call and I felt very bad when she told him that she is with her friend. What is she afraid of? I am her husband. This is her home. Why she has to lie to be at her home with her husband? She said Next time she will inform. Why she will do it? They are already behaving like married couple. Before it's too late I have to up my game. She turned around and looked at me. I wanted to calm down but I am very angry right now. I am trying my best to not to snap on her.

She said,"How are you?"

I said,"As you can see. Not so good."

She is fiddling with her fingers which means she is nervous. Why? I am not a stranger. I am her husband for god sake.

She said,"Who is here to take care of you?"

I said,"No one because the one who should take care of me is not by my side"

She said,"and whose fault it is?"

I said,"You mean to say it's my fault."

She said,"Yes. Completely your fault. Do you have any doubt?"

I said,"You are the one who accused me of killing our child, You are the one refused to see me, You are the one who left our house and went to cousin's house, You are the one who want to break our relation and I am at fault. Great."

She glared me and took steps towards me. I gulped by looking at her She is very angry. She leaned over me until out faces are a foot apart.

She said,"Did you say I am the one who want to break our relation?"

I nodded my head in yes but When I saw her eyes blazing fire I shook my head in no.

She said,"You are so confusing Zaan. You broke my heart but you act like you are the one who is heartbroken. You cheat on me but act like I cheated on you. You try to break our relation but act like I am breaking it. What is truth? What is your true feelings? What do you want Zaan?"

Hope you are enjoying :)

ZaaHi