Chapter 1 :Stressful

Picture of Omari aka Temp

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Sitting up I flung the covers from over me. I slowly walked downstairs to see who was in my kitchen.

"Kevin?" I questioned as I sat on a stool. He looked up from the stove." You don't miss me?" He asked flashing me a smirk. "You were just over here the other day." I rolled my eyes.

I got a bottled orange juice from the fridge. "Actually it was two weeks ago." I shook my juice before opening it. "...Right. What do you want?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Listen..Sis I need some ca-.." I cut him off before he could finished. "MmNo." I said drinking my juice. He sucked his teeth. "Imani just until Friday." He placed a couple of his pancakes on a plate.

"No. Get out." I threw the empty bottle in the trash then started to go back upstairs.

"Going to come in here and cook me MY shit! You know why I have MY own shit? Because I work for MY shit!" I yelled down my stairs then heard my elevator ding twice.

Kevin might be my twin brother but that card has perished for him. Gambling his money away then expects me to "loan" him some. Nigga, No. How about that. The fuck.

I already take care of his two twin sons. Ace and Alfa are 15. They stay with Mom who I also take care of. He doesn't do anything for them. He need to get his shit together.

I got dressed in a blue fitted dress. I put on hills and let my long straight hair down. After I was done my make up I grabbed my keys and phone. I put on my jacket and headed towards my elevator.

"Good morning." I said to my doorman Mitch. He returned the greeting tipping his hat. "Mitch, I told you to stop letting him up." I slid my shades from the top of my head to the bridge of my nose.

He apologized and started to ramble. "I don't care my nigga stop playing." I don't see anything to converse about. If I say keep the man out of my house you do that.

"It's literally his fucking job." I mumbled pulling up to my first house. I was showing a 10.5 million dollar mansion to a Man named Omari Sanders.

I waited inside of the house until I heard the door bell. In front me stood a light skin man with a lot of tattoos and pretty eyes.

He was wearing a jersey and like I don't know too many damn chains. I'm surprised his neck can support that. "Hi, I'm Imani Winston and Ima show you the house." I said shaking his hand.

He smiled and I quickly turned away to keep from blushing.

~•~

"Last but not least this is the kitchen." I pushed open two glass double doors. He looked around. "This is dope. I want this crib." He said sitting on the marble island.

I smiled. "You're beautiful. You should go out with me sometime." He seductively bit his bottom lip. I rolled my eyes. "I'm good." I then turned on my heals heading towards the front door.

"Wait wait!" He yelled sliding in front of me. "I have other houses to show." Complaining, I adjusting the folders in my arms. He stood blocking the door. "At least give me your number? Please?" He pleaded.

I wrote it on his hand. "Move!" I pushed him out of the way roughly.

"Damn girl you strong, but I'll hit you up!" He called as I headed to my car. "I probably won't answer!" I called back.

I wasn't done showing houses until seven pm. I stopped by my Mom's house on the way home. As soon as I came to the door Ace hugged me.

"Wassup." He had a fresh tape cut and was in a tank top and shorts. "How you been?" I asked. He started to talk when Alfa came in.

"Wassup Aunt Mani." Alfa greeted me with a fist pound then sat on the couch. "Wow, I feel the love." I mumbled sarcastically. "Tell me those are mine!" Ace pointed at the Jordan box. "Yeah."

He excitedly tried on his new 11's. "Yoo I didn't get any shoes?" Alfa stood up. I sized him. "My nigga you don't know how to stay out of trouble." I said shrugging my shoulders.

He plopped back down on the couch starring at the tv. I threw the other Jordan box at him then watched as his face lit up. "Get your shit straight." I headed into the kitchen. I could smell my Mom cooking.

"Did Kevin come see you?" I asked as I sat down my purse. "Hello to you to Imani." She wiped her hands on a towel then sat across from me.

"Did you give him money?" I asked crossing my arms. She sat silent for a moment. "It was only 60-..." I stood up from the table. "Yo, you know he's gambling it so, why are you giving it to him?"

"He said he st-.." I crossed my arms siting back down. "Stop. Giving. Him. Money." She waved me off. "I knew it was bullshit. Alright baby." She got up to check the food again.

"You staying for dinner?" She asked. I shook my head no. " Ima go I have to work." I lied. I kissed her and the kids goodbye then headed home.

~•~
As soon as I got off the elevator I could feel my body wanting to relax. I undid my dressed getting into the shower.

When I was done I put on my robe and rolled a blunt. Don't judge me. I might be successful, but I'm for sure not bougie. I was halfway in when my phone rang.

"Yes Mr. Sanders?" He sucked his teeth. I could hear soft music playing in his background. "Its Omari but call me Temp." His voice was deeper over the phone.

"Yeah okay, what do you want?" I asked.

"Tomorrow is my birthday and you have to come the party." I silently thought about it for a minute. I mean I don't see why not I'm off.

I might as well party. Temp started to say hello in my ear. "Okay." I said then hung up in his face.

"Today was stressful." I finished my blunt then binge watched disjointed until I fell asleep.