Chapter 4: Fast Forward

Imani's POV

It's been almost two and a half years since my mother's been gone. The twins have started to be a hand full.

I pulled up to the jail house gate watching Ace and Alfa walk to the car. "Word to everything I love, If y'all go to jail again you're the fuck out." I said sternly.

Alfa sucked his teeth putting on his seat belt. "What?" I asked glancing in my rear view mirror. "That was our first time-.." I cut him off making a sharp turn.

"It better be your last!" I snapped. He raised his hands to surrender.

When we entered my loft the twins went straight to there room. Sy'Arie has invited me to go shopping and I wasn't going to turn that down! I got dressed leaving the twins in the crib.

"Girl there's so many fine gentlemen here!" Arie laughed as we walked through the crowded mall. I nodded my head in agreement. We stopped for some frozen yogurt.

"Thank you." I said taking a bite. It was so cold it hurt my teeth.

"Excuse me? I'm new here..." A very handsome white boy said to me. He smiled and his lips moved, but I wasn't listening to a word he said.

I stared and smiled like a dummy as Sy'Arie started to converse. "Okay just put your number in my phone." She said handing him the rose pink 6s.

"See you Imani." He said disappearing into the hundreds of people at the mall.

"He's knows my name?" I question out loud to myself. "Because I told it to him!" She laughed walking into Victoria's Secret. We browsed the collection of panties.

"He invited us to a pool party tonighttt!" She sang. I shook my head no. "I'm in the crib tonight." I declared throwing a pair of hipsters in my bag.

Sy'Arie started to brief me to go, but I wouldn't crack. I just didn't feel like it.

We bought our thing then went our separate ways. I ended up going home. Where I was going to be. All night. When I came in the house Ace was counting money on the couch.

"Where did you get it from?" I asked snatching the money. He sucked his teeth. "Aunt Mani I'm done selling I told you." He pleaded reaching for it. I sat it on the table.

"Where's Alfa?

~•~

Alfa's POV

"Im not jumping out the window!" Layla whispered. "Why no-.." she cut me off smacking the back of my head.

"We're like 3 stories!" She said rolling her eyes. I looked at her short thick frame. She was mixed, had blue eyes and her long hair in a bun. I was just fucking the hell out of her.

"Shut up." I said pushing her in the closet. I jumped onto my bed pulling out my phone. "I bought pizza." Aunt Mani said leaning on my door.

I said okay continue to scroll through Instagram. Just then there was a light thump in my closet. Aunt Mani looked around the hallway. "You heard that?" She asked.

I looked at her from my phone. "Nah." I said calmly. On the inside my heart was beating out of my chest. While in my head I was saying don't go to the closet.

If Aunt Mani found her all hell was going to break loose. She shrugged her shoulders. "I might be tripping." She said walking to her room.

I waited until I heard her door close to let Layla out the closet. "Yo lets go." I said leading her down the stairs. "Call me." She smiled as the elevator door closed.

I let out a breath of relief. "What happened to distracting her Dickhead?" I said taking a grape out of Ace's fruit bowl.

"Did you get caught?" He asked walking over to the couch. I followed jumping into a recliner. "Not this time." I said taking another grape.

"Ard then shut the fuck up." Alfa turned on the game. We played 2k. He beat me twice out of four games. We was in the last minutes of the last Quarter when Aunt Mani came down.

"I'm dipping." She said pushing the elevator. "Ard." My twin and I said in sync over our shoulder. I ended up beating him. "Ah you trash nigga!" I laughed.

"Yeah Ard. I got a good two W's bitch." He said walking over to the kitchen. I looked down at my phone. My hoes were blowing me up.

All they be wanting is dick and I'm here to give it to them.

I kept scrolling to see that my plug texted me seeing if I still need those zips and pills.

"Yo! You trying to re-up?" I called jogging upstairs. Ace came out of his room. "Nigga, Aunt Mani is going to put us on our ass...Let's go." He said going back into his room for his shoes.

Aunt Mani is right. We shouldn't be in the streets but the quick money is addicting you feel me? Like I want more every time I make a stack.

"Nobody scared out Aunt Mani." I said as we walked downstairs. Ace stopped mid step. I looked at him. "Speak for yourself. You remember the stories Umi told us." He shook his head getting on the elevator.

I stopped for a moment. "Yeah, her ass is crazy." I said standing next to me. My brother nodded his head. "Yup." He said as the doors closed.