Chapter 36: Self Care

Your P.O.V.

I felt myself get pulled out of my deep sleep. I opened my eyes to stare at the ceiling but quickly closed it back. The brightness feels like it's burning my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes, slowly letting it adjust to the light.

How long was I asleep? I stretched my arm to reach the bedside table. I ran my hand above it, looking for my phone. I finally felt it and grabbed it. I held my phone tightly up in front of my face so it wouldn't fall flat on my face. Nobody wants to be greeted good morning or good afternoon by the universe in that way.

It is past lunchtime. I placed my phone down beside me and stared at the ceiling. Is there something wrong with me? I would stare up the ceiling when I'm on our bed and let my mind drift off into a train of thoughts. Sometimes, I just simply stare at it.

Well, can you blame me for it? Victor isn't here, so there's nothing else to stare at but the ceiling. Or the screen of my phone.

I stretched my arms upward and my legs downward, giving my body some stretch before sitting up. I looked around our room, seeing if Makkachin is here. Well, he's not. Victor probably took him with him.

I turned my body to grab a pillow from behind me and hug it. I still feel like sleeping in all day. All of a sudden my stomach grumbled. And yea, I haven't eaten any lunch or breakfast. Victor will not be pleased to know this.

I pushed the comforter away from my body and crawled out of bed. I walked towards my vanity then sat on the small chair in front of the mirror. I picked my hairbrush on the table and brushed my hair. I started brushing the ends, working my way upward to the roots until my (h/c) hair is all smooth and tangle-free. Brushing the ends of your hair first lets you tackle knots and tangles without dragging them all down toward the tips, which can cause breakage on the strands.

I placed my brush back down then I stood up, making my way back to our bed. I fixed it first then made my way to the closet. I decided to take a shower before eating. I'm not going to eat here at Hasetsu. Let's enjoy my day off while I still can and explore Hasetsu by myself. Sometimes you need to step outside, get some fresh air and let your wanderlust take over.

I picked some of my clothes then placed them neatly on the bed. I quickly headed downstairs to take a bath. As usual, I like to let my mind drift off into a train of thoughts, and that is what's happening right now, as I take a bath. I wonder how Victor's talk with Yuuri is going on. Are they by the ocean like I told Victor? I hope he doesn't say any unwanted words. Oh, Yuuri. I can't wait to see you rise up and shine like the star you are.

Minutes passed and I finally finished. I pulled my towel from the rack and started drying myself. As soon as I was dry, I wrapped the towel on my hair and wore my underwear. I covered myself up with a bathrobe and walked out of the showers. I quickly made my way upstairs and into our room.

I took the robe off and placed it on the chair. I picked my white shirt from the bed and pulled it over me. It has the words HEAR OUT in bold black letters. I picked my jeans up and wore them. I walked towards the vanity and sat on the chair. I pulled one of the drawers out to get my hairdryer. I picked it up, then closed the drawer. I plugged it and turned it on. The loud sound of the hairdryer filled the room as I ran my fingers along my hair.

As soon as it was dry, I placed it back in the drawer and brushed my hair, parting my hair to the side. I stood and walked towards the closet to get my black blazer. I pushed my arms into the sleeves and adjusted it. Its sleeves are folded about two inches outward, revealing the white fabric inside.

I sat back down on the vanity chair. I opened my jewelry box and took out a big, gold, churb chain necklace. I placed it around my neck. I also took out some bracelets and a gold watch. I wore a black and gold bracelet on my right wrist and a silver one on my left wrist together with my watch.

I walked back to the closet to pick some shoes. I chose a pair of leopard print high heels. This print somehow reminds me of Yurio cause of the jacket he bought here. I also picked up my leopard print messenger bag to match my shoes. Maybe this is a Yuri appreciation day today or something.

I sat back in front of the vanity and applied some powder on my face and lip balm. Simplicity is beauty. I also sprayed some perfume on. I placed some of the girl essentials in my bag such as shades, powder, lip balm, pocket mirror, earphones, perfume, wallet, cellphone, hair tie in case it gets too hot outside, and a notebook and pen for writing my thoughts out.

I stood up and threw my bag on my shoulder and looked at the mirror one last time before going out of the room.

I made my way downstairs into the lobby and came across Yuuri's mom. "(Y/n), good day! You haven't eaten yet. Where are you going?" She asked.

"Oh, it's okay, I'd eat out today. I'd like to explore Hasetsu by myself," I answered and gave a smile.

"Aren't you going to get lost?" She asks, concern evident in her voice.

"I'm pretty sure I can handle myself. Thank you for your concern."

"Okay, then. Take care!"

I gave one last smile and a small bow before going out. I was greeted by the fresh air as soon as I stepped outside. I have a good feeling about today. I walked out of Yu-Topia and into the streets.

I walked along random streets but kept in mind where I've been so I wouldn't get lost. I looked for street signs and marks to look at as well to guide me back to Yu-Topia.