Chapter 86: Pork Cutlet Pirozhki

Yuuri and I stayed a while more by the kiss and cry for the interview. Several reporters have surrounded us, each of them asking their questions one at a time. I decided to give focus on Yuuri's ongoing interview rather than pay attention to JJ's program. JJ won third during last year's Grand Prix Final and his plans of stopping Victor from becoming the consecutive five-time world champion isn't a secret to me either.

I glanced at the rink for a couple of seconds to see JJ do a hydroblade. It is an edge move in which a skater glides on a deep edge with the body stretched in a very low position. He was able to get it clean but it wasn't low enough to impress me. The hydroblade is one of my signature moves and I can go lower than what JJ did today.

 I immediately looked away from the rink and back to the reporters standing in front of us. "JJ will take first in the free skate, as well," I overheard one of the program managers say. I turned my head towards the direction of the voice and saw that gathered by the entrance were several men namely the managers together with some staff.

"Yuri Plisetsky will place second, with Michele Crispino in third. Katsuki Yuuri will be fourth." Seeing that the comments also caught Yuuri's attention, the reporters looked their way as well and listened to what the manager has to say.

"When you total both competition scores, Michele and Katsuki have the same overall score."

I placed a hand on Yuuri's shoulder. "Since the two of you are tied in points, you can squeak into the Final because you placed second in the Cup of China," I said. Yuuri turned towards me and met a warm smile from my lips. "Neither Victor nor I will be going back to Russia soon," I said reassuringly.

***

The Rostelecom Cup is over. The final six who will advance to the Grand Prix Final are the three who had been confirmed already... JJ, who cemented his win with another high score, Yurio, who finished second, and...

 JJ, who cemented his win with another high score, Yurio, who finished second, and

Yuuri and I were walking together as we find our way to the exit. "What do you plan to do now?" I asked. We turned a corner and came across Michele with his sister, Sala. "You don't have to support me at the Women's Free Skate tomorrow, Mickey," Sala told Mickey.

I just remembered that tomorrow is the Women's Free Skate. Since I would be staying here until the Grand Prix Final in Spain, I could get myself to watch tomorrow. I'd go with Sandra, maybe drag Georgi along as well. I'm sure Mila would be competing tomorrow as well. I must support her.

Before Yuuri could answer my question earlier, he was interrupted by Sala running towards us. "Yuuri, congrats on qualifying for the Grand Prix Final! I knew you'd make it," she said. She raised her arms, beckoning Yuuri for a hug. Before Yuuri dives in, I held his shoulder and whispered, "Let's just meet at the hotel."

With that said, I didn't wait for Yuuri's response and made my way towards the lobby. Sandra and my family are surely waiting there. Once I reached the lobby, I noticed two unfamiliar figures standing beside my family, talking to them. I took a few steps closer and recognized Georgi and Mila.