Chapter 46: Magnificent

As soon as the draw lots were done, we quickly head out so we can get to the rink first. But sadly, there were already reporters waiting for us. At least they weren't as many as the ones outside. There were around fifteen people, some of which are just VIPs following reporters around.

The three of us were cornered between the people and the lockers. Victor spoke first. "We've timed him to peak at the Grand Prix Final, so this isn't a problem."

"He can take it easy and earn a personal best score today!" I confidently say.

Yuuri was startled by what I said. He looked at us and spoke. "I think I've told you this many times, but in last year's Nationals, I bombed everything. They wondered if I was injured, but embarrassingly, nothing was physically wrong with me. I lost, despite being a top contender, because I was mentally weak." He said, and every sentence he spoke seem to increase in speed.

"Wow," Victor pretended to be shocked and covered his mouth with his hand. We answered a few more questions then made our way to the rink. It was, of course, colder inside so I decided to wear my jacket. Victor did the same. He wore his black one.

We left our bags in the changing room. We only brought the cute tissue holder that looks like Makkachin. When we got out, Yuuri was already on the rink. "Makkachin's cheering for you, too!" I said and placed the little Makkachin tissue holder closer to Yuuri. He pulled two plies and blew his nose, "Oh, yeah. Real cute."

"Try to be happier," Victor said. I waved little Makkachin tissue holder in front of Yuuri.

Yuuri began to practice and do some of the moves while Minami watched him. "Minami-kun, focus, okay? Focus!" I hear Minami's coach from the other side say. She's trying to bring Minami back since he's lost in amazement at Yuuri. Yuuri shuddered at the thought that someone is staring at him.

"Remember how focused you were at the Nationals! Don't get overwhelmed by the energy around you!" Minami's coach added. Well, I hope Yuuri heard that as well.

Yuuri spent the day on the ice, collecting himself. Then soon, the night fell upon us. I went to the changing room to change into formal attire. This is my first time going out as a coach, might as well look good. I've brought some formal clothes with me.

I changed into a button-up black blouse and I tucked it in a gray pencil skirt, and for the shoes, I'm wearing black stilettos. I also placed my hair up in a messy bun. I went out to look for Victor. Before I could walk into the lobby, I felt someone pull my arm. I turned around to see Victor in a suit.

My jaw dropped at the sight of this magnificent man in front of me

My jaw dropped at the sight of this magnificent man in front of me. "Y-you look..." I started but couldn't think of words to describe him. "...good." But we all know he looks more than good.

He chuckled and placed his hand on my waist. "You don't look half-bad yourself," he said and kissed my forehead. "Now shall we?" He asked, pulling me closer to him and gesturing to the entrance of the lobby.

The moment we got there, I was blinded by the flashes of cameras and was deafened by the squeals of hundreds, who knows, might even be thousands of ladies that would be surrounding us once my eyes adjust to the flashes. Just kidding, there were only about umm... twenty or something.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Yuuri getting inside the lobby. I thought he'd go to us but he might've not noticed because of Victor's fangirls surrounding us. Instead, he went towards Nishigori and Minako. I tugged Victor's coat, making him look at me. He leaned down a bit to listen to what I'm about to say. This gesture looks like we're about to kiss or something, which earned us another round of squeals but I just pointed my finger towards Yuuri.

"Have you seen Victor? The competition's about to start," Yuuri asked.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Victor said, catching Yuuri's attention. Yuuri looked at the two of us in disbelief.

"Why did you change clothes?" He asked.

"Today is our glorious debut as coach, so we should be in formal attire," I answered, smoothing out my skirt.

Victor did the same gesture as before. He leaned down to tell me something. "It seems as if we are getting more attention than Yuuri," he said.

I smiled at his words, "That gives us more reason to get in and be a little away from the screaming girls."

Victor gave a short laugh and we entered the rink. We settled on one side. Yuuri started unzipping his jacket to show off his costume. Well, it was Victor's.

The host begins to speak over the microphone though we do not listen to it much for we focus on getting Yuuri's spirits up, "Ladies and gentlemen, this event is senior men's short program."

"As your coaches, what should we say before sending you off to the program?" Victor asked as he gently tiptoes like a kid, asking his mom a question.

"What I'm thinking of right now is..." But Victor wasn't able to tell what he wants to say because the host has now asked the skaters to get in the ice for their six-minute warm-up. Yuuri walks past us and into the rink.

He skated away from us and started doing what he was told to. "Well, it looks like someone's confident enough to not hear their coach out," I joked around, trying to ease the atmosphere around. Although I can see that Yuuri is nervous. I'm pretty sure Victor sees it too.

Six minutes have passed and the host spoke again. "Gentlemen, the warm-up has ended. Please leave the ice," the soft female voice said.

Yuuri skated towards Victor and me. I held his tumbler out to him. After giving it to him, I crossed my arms over my chest. I still feel disappointed because we were ignored a while ago, and he did not thank me for giving his tumbler out. I squinted at Yuuri.

He noticed it and was about to shrug it off but I spoke, "Yuuri, turn around."

"Ehh?" Yuuri asked surprised. "Turn around, okay?" I said, acting as if I am angry so he would follow.

"Um, like this?" He asked and finally turned around. I took a step forward and hugged him from behind, taking him by surprise. I buried my head on his shoulder. I can imagine the blush that has crept on Yuuri's cheeks. The next thing I heard was flashes of cameras but I closed my eyes and inhaled.

The perfume he put on is very familiar. It was Victor's. This was one of the scents I love the most. Victor must have sprayed some on him before.

"If your performance can charm us, you can enthrall the entire audience. That's what we always say in practice, right?"

"R-right.

"Show me the beauty I saw back in Hasetsu."

I eventually let go and stepped backward. Victor then, stepped forward to give him a pat on the shoulder and a firm shake.

Yuuri was then on called and he left us there. Cheers erupted from behind the glass walls where the audiences watched. I took a step forward again and place both of my arms on the sides of the rink. It wasn't long before a pair of arms wrapped around me, and a head rested on mine.

Victor tightened his embrace and whispered. "People might think he's your boyfriend and not me."

I smiled and leaned back a little, my back brushing against his hard chest. "They won't," I said and looked up to kiss his cheek.