1

My eyes lingered over my sister, who desperately held onto a potted cactus as she probably recited an inner monologue

My eyes lingered over my sister, who desperately held onto a potted cactus as she probably recited an inner monologue. I looked back to my mother who was helping her new husband Phil pack the car up for our trip to the Forks. "Girls I love you, but we have a plane to catch!" Phil told us I smiled, pushing him playfully as I tapped my fingers over the cover of my notebook. My mother's blue eyes looked over to me.

"Are you excited, Lilith?" She asked

"Yeah, haven't seen dad in a while." She smiled as she hugged me at the airport. Bella reassured her we would be okay and I helped. I hooked my arm into Bella's as we walked through the crowded Phoenix airport. When we arrived in the Seattle airport the dad wasn't hard to find. He and Bella made an awkward conversation, "So Lilith, how is your music going?" He asked I smiled at the chance to talk about it.

"I have a few gigs in port Angelas actually. Playing a whole new set list here," I told him, and he nodded understandably. Bella looked at me awkwardly and I shrugged as we pulled into a small home. Charlie started grabbing bags and I helped with picking up my bad I hurried up to the loft that I had turned into a room when I was 10 after getting sick of sharing a room with Bella.

I smiled at the fairy lights that had yet to be plugged in. I plugged them in a watched the twinkles of the lights before turning to see my piano. I ran my fingers over the small piano playing a few notes. I picked up my bag and put it on my bed. Charlie came up "I wasn't sure if you wanted anything, so I settled on just getting a plant." He pointed to the potted orchard that sat on my side table, I smiled at it.

"Its beautiful Dad. Thank you." I said, placing a kiss on his cheek. He smiled and went back down the stairs and I started to unpack. I hear a honking noise from outside drew my attention. I walk down the stairs to Bella's room to see her staring out the window. I joined her to see a man in a wheelchair accompanied by what looked to be his son. I thought for a minute Billy Black, Dad's best friend. I could remember playing with his twin daughters Rebecca and Rachel.

We walked outside," Bella, Lil, you remember Billy Black?" Dad asked I smiled nodding.

"Looking good," Bella told him he returned the smile.

"Still dancing," Billy told us, "Glad you two are finally here, Charlie here hasn't shut up about it since you guys told him you were coming," I laughed inwardly to myself. Charlie started muttering about rolling him into the mud if he kept talking. My smile grew and I laughed out slightly. They started playing around.

"Hi, I'm Jacob," The boy said walking toward us a smile on his lips. "We used to make mud pies when we were little," I laughed at the memory of hurling mud at the boy.

"Are they always like this?" I asked

"It's getting worse with old age," I nodded chuckling

"So what do you think?" Dad asked patting the side to the orange truck, "Your homecoming present," He said

"This?" Dad nodded telling us he had just bought it off of Billy, Bella jumped excitedly, her being the one that mostly drives. I wasn't into them.

"Thanks, dad," I said, kissing his cheek, "If you don't mind I'm going to go back up and finish unpacking," I told him he nodded turning to Billy, who said a swift goodbye as I walked back up into the house and into my room. I unpacked humming to myself. The day went by as I walked around delicately placing things into their respective places. I sighed laying down and falling asleep.