17

My eyes shot open, everything was clear

   My eyes shot open, everything was clear. I could see the dust floating through the air. I looked around my eyes landing on the wall where the picture hung. I could see the details of the flowers. My rose my hand, the sun shined through the window and my skin sparkled. I looked around some more my eyes landing on the blonde man I loved. I stared before I smiled at him. I could see every detail on his face, the sparkle of his skin from the sun. The dark honey flakes in his golden eyes. The way his hair fell, and the dark topaz color of it. I stood from where I sat walking up to him and placing my palm on his cheek. I leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around me. This feeling was euphoric.

   "You are probably hungry," Jasper spoke I looked at him tilting my head. I hadn't realized the burn in my throat. I nodded rubbing my hand on my rock hard skin. He smiles grabbing my hand and guiding me to the window. He pushed it open and jumped. I followed his lead. We ran through the forest. The green trees flew past us. I went to say something to him but he put his finger on his lips. I looked where he was looking to see a mountain lion stood tall and over an elk. Jasper nodded at me and I lunged for the animal. I could hear it's whimper as I fed on its blood. The warm liquid slid down my throat relieving the burn in my throat that had been there previously.

   When I finished I looked at Jasper who stood smirking with pride. I smile at him as he walked toward me. He used his thumb to wipe the blood that had spilled on my lip and put his thumb in his mouth. "So beautiful," he mumbles I smile pulling him in for a kiss which he returned. We pull away and start to make our way back to the Cullen house. When Jasper pulled the door open I saw everyone standing with smiles.

   "Welcome to the family," Esme said hugging me which I returned mumbling a thank you. Something told me this transition was gonna be the best thing to ever happen to me.