3

The rest of the day went by my thoughts kept going back to the blonde boy in my English class

    The rest of the day went by my thoughts kept going back to the blonde boy in my English class. I stood by the truck waiting for my sister who had the keys with her. I saw the Cullen family walking out of the school into the parking lot. I stared at them, my eyes lingered on each of them. Something was up with them, something weird... "Lil?" I jumped out of my trance to see my sister staring at me. Her eyes questioning me as she looked in the direction I was looking. She saw them before looking back at me giving me a look. She pulled out her keys. I frowned getting into the car, seeing her obvious distress. 

    We made it out of the parking lot, "What happened?" I asked Bella as I ran my hands through my hair. Bella held onto the wheel tightly. She frowned before sighing, loosening her grip.

  "I have Biology with Edward, and he was so weird, he acted like I smelled and was just plain rude," Bella ranted, I narrowed my eyes. Something was off with them. "What happened to you?" She asked after she finished her rant.

   "Jasper in English wouldn't stop staring, he didn't say anything, but he seemed confused," I told her she furrowed her eyebrows, finding the situation as confusing as I did. She pulled to the diner, we walked in to see our father in a booth in the corner next to the window. Dad had already ordered for us which was a relief. The conversation was awkward as we didn't know what to say. Cora came by placing a plate with a burger and fries in front of me and some sort of cod in front of Bella.

   "I just can't get over how grown up you two are," She places dad's plate in front of him "and so gorgeous," She says an older man walks up behind her, Waylon, if I remembered correctly. 

   "Hey, Bella, Lilith, you remember me?" I smile, Bella looks at me her obvious anxiety building at these people "I played Santa one year," He scratches his chin looking at us. Dad comes to our rescue.

   "Waylon they haven't had a Christmas here since they were 4," Dad tells him 

   "I bet I made an impression, though, didn't I?" he asks us 

   "Buttcrack Santa?" I asked causing my dad to laugh as well as Waylon did as well

   "Let the girls eat their dinner," Cora tells him as he mentions something about tiny little bottles, "As soon as you guys are done I will bring you girls, your favorite, your berry cobbler, your dad still has it every Thursday," Cora leaves after we say our thank yous. Bella reaches for the ketchup as dad did, causing the chills to run up my spine. I gasped though tried to hide it in a cough. We finished eating and dad mentioned a shift at the sheriff's office. We made our way to the truck and started on our way home.

   When we got home I walked up to my room pulling out my homework, I didn't get much done as I couldn't stop thinking about the Hale boy and what happened at dinner. Sometime later Bella came up "Moms on the phone," I picked up my homework following her down to her room sitting on her bed where she was doing her homework as well. 

   "So listen guys, if spring training goes well, we could be moving to Florida," Mom told us through the phone. An automated voice came through the phone causing me to look up and a smile to spread on my face,

   "Mom, where your cell?" Bella asked as she smiled at me 

   "Okay, don't laugh, I didn't lose my power cord it ran away," I laughed slightly as mom continues, "Screaming, I literally repeal technology," 

   "We miss you," I told her through the phone 

   "Awe, babies, I miss you too," She hummed the last letters, "But tell me more about your school, what are the kids like? Are there any cute guys?" She asks the last question causing us to stop speaking and think about the inhumanly beautiful family that we went to school with. "Are they being nice to you guys?" She asked once more.

   Bella scoff's "Well, they are all very welcoming," Bella said her voice full of tension, I gave her a look knowing mom would worry.

   "Uh, oh, tell me all about it," Bella closed her binder in annoyance 

   "It doesn't even matter," She says pushing the binder off her lap and onto the bed as she 

   "Yes it does honey," Mom told her I tapped my pen on my knee as she said we had to go "Okay, I love you girls," Mom says, I smile

   "We love you too mom," I replied as Bella mumbled the I love you and mom hung up the phone. Bella looked away from me as she seemed to think. I gathered my stuff "I'm gonna go finish this and head to bed," I told her she nodded saying a muffled goodnight as I left her room.