15

The car ride was quiet

   The car ride was quiet. No one knew what to say so it just stayed silent. Bella stared out the window with tears in her eyes and dried tears on her cheeks. I held her hand as we stared out into oblivion. Bella had decided to call mom again as she held the phone to her ear and waited only for it to go straight to voicemail. "Mom, it's me again. You must have let your phone die. Anyway, I'm not in Forks anymore but I'm okay. I'll explain when you call," My knee bounced nervously. We pulled into the hotel finally after an agonizing drive. Noah and Alice go to the trunk pulling out our bags. Bella looked at me with worry, clouding her face.

   "It will be okay," I promised though I felt something different running through my veins. "I promise you," She nodded though she didn't look convinced. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as we walked into the rather large and expensive looking hotel. Alice took us into the room as Noah paid for it and finished whatever they had to sign and such. I sat onto the white comforter covered bed. I twisted the rings on my fingers before I picked up the TV remote fiddling with the channels. I flicked through before groaning in dismay and turning off the TV. I took in a deep breath running my fingers through my hair as I stood and walked to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, my mascara had run down my cheeks. My under eyes were dark like I hadn't slept in years. My cheeks, though dark with mascara, were raw from rubbing my sleeves under my eyes. My blonde hair looked slept in. I let out a large sigh as I opened the door and grabbing my clothes and going back into the pristine bathroom.

   I turned on the water before deciding to get in when it was warm enough. I stood under the showerhead, letting the warm water run over my skin. When the water started going cold I got out, wrapping the towel around my body and staring at myself once more in the mirror. I closed my eyes though I couldn't shake the feeling of dread out of my stomach. I sighed out heavily and got dressed. I opened the door to see my sister sat on the bed making a slight conversation with Alice, though, it was half-assed as she seemed preoccupied with her thoughts. Alice tossed a blue object at me. I caught it to see it was my hairbrush. I mumbled a thank you as I ran it through my hair. I sat down next to my sister joining in on the small conversation. Alice moved when we finished talking.

   Noah had taken a sit, he was watching the TV in silence. He looked over at us "You guys are worth it," He said I stared at him, "What you have done to my brothers have changed them forever. Jasper and Edward have lit up and no one wants to be around them if they lost you," I looked down before looking back up at him. "It's worth it," He finished Alice jumps as her eyes gloss over, and she falls into a vision. "Alice, what do you see?"

   "The tracker. He just changed course," Alice says Noah put a pencil in her hand and a pad of paper, and she frantically starts drawing "Mirrors. It's a room of mirrors," She says as the image comes out to what looks like our old ballet studio. 

   "How do the visions work? Edward said they weren't always certain," I look at Noah intrigued

   "She sees the course people are on, while they're on it. If they change their minds, the visions change," Noah tells us 

   "So the course James is on currently is leading his to our old ballet studio?" I ask Bella's eyes widen in realization as Noah and Alice look up at us.

   "You've been here?" Alice asks the pencil seizing movement.

   "We took lessons as a kid," Bella says 

   "Was it here in Phoenix?" Noah asks, and we both nod. He looks at Alice and they both stand. My phone in my back pocket buzzes. I jumped pulling it out and answering it.

   "Jasper?" I said, "Jasper are you okay?" 

   "Yeah, we're fine," I sigh in relief, "James figured us out, the woman is still in the area, Rosalie and Esme are staying behind to protect Charlie," I nodded though he couldn't hear that. "I'm coming to get you," 

   "Okay, I love you," I mumbled 

   "I love you too, Lilith, I'll see you soon," I mumbled a goodbye and squeezed my eyes shut as I heard the phone beep. Something told me that was going to be the last time I would be able to say that again for a while.