30

I glance away quickly knowing if Aro caught my reaction it'd raise unwanted questions

I glance away quickly knowing if Aro caught my reaction it'd raise unwanted questions. I move up the steps to stand close behind Marcus knowing that the reason I'd been called here was to protect Marcus and witness whatever this was. Marcus gave me a curious glance as he looked between Edward and I obviously seeing something between us. I inhale refusing to give him a straight glance. Aro tilts his head giving Edward the cue to start talking. "My mate is dead," He starts and I tense, my worst fear coming true. I didn't want to believe Bella was gone. I would've felt it, I would've felt something. I stumble slightly causing Aro to look at me. "She threw herself off a cliff. I wish to reunite with her," I clench my fists tightly to prevent myself from doing anything rash.

"What a wish," Aro taunts with an edge in his voice and he tilts his head. "A human mate," He holds the syllable at the end of his statement "Peculiar,"

"Isabella Swan was just that, I cannot live in a world where she isn't. Please have mercy," Edward begs and Aro looks between his brother, letting out an exaggerated sigh before looking back at Edward. His blood-red eyes glancing over him.

" We'll have to call a council mind-reader," Aro emphasizes the mind reader. I don't know what'd I'd missed, but evidentially a lot if Aro knew Edward could read minds. "Until we come to an agreement, Lilith shall show you to a room," I look at Aro, giving him a slight nod, taking calculated steps toward the man I considered a brother. My gold eyes meet his once and I can see all the pain in them.

__________________________________________

Aro had called Edward back in a day later, the sun had rerisen and the St. Marcus day festival raged on outside. I hadn't said a word to him, I didn't know what to say besides I'm sorry. I was the reason we were here. My sister was dead because of me and my father's probably dying inside. All because I couldn't control myself. Something felt weird, though like something was going to happen like the world was going to come to an end. Even if my world had already ended and everything I'd held dear was gone. "Leave us," Aro said when I brought Edward in and I nodded leaving the room and closing the large wooden doors behind me. My nerves bundled in my stomach and I rushed to my room taking a seat away from the windows. Hours passed after the Volturi told Edward no to causing his demise. My heart still sat at the bottom of my stomach. I had no idea why I felt like I should head to the front of the castle, only to see the wooden doors wide open and Edward moving toward the light. The clock tower chimes loudly signifying the sun was at its highest. Edward takes the fatal step and his skin shimmers when suddenly arms are over him, masking the bright shine of his skin.

"Heaven?" Edward whispered

"You need to move!" Bella's voice stilled me, "Open your eyes! Look at me! I'm alive, you have to move," Bella coaxes Edward quietly

"Bella?" He whispers and I blink using my speed to push them from the light and close the door with a loud slam. "You're alive," He smiles at my sister