A Discussion of Plans

We headed back to the others. Queen Bee was still squealing over my fake Ladybug, while Carapace was calmer. She looked at Chat and I. "New recruits?" she asked.

"I thought they were ready for the job, m'Lady."

I was impressed. He'd really pulled off the act. "Nice to see you again, Rena."

"Same for you, Ladybug." I nodded. It was odd knowing I'd made her. Trixx whispered to me, "I need a treat soon. Preferably a slice of pie. It's been 7 minutes."

"We need to wrap this up quickly. Queen Bee will be detransforming soon. And none of us can know who she truly is, except Chat."

Right on cue, we all noticed Queen Bee's hair comb beep for the 3rd time. The third stripe on the bee flashed, and then went dark.
Queen Bee yelped. "Crap. This little bee's gotta fly away."

Turning to make her way out of sight, I called after her. "Wait! Queen-"

"We need to Chat. There's one more thing. Marinette Dupain-Cheng is in danger." Chat cut in.

She turned back. "Marinette? Isn't she the girl that Evillustrator was in love with?"

"Yes. She was nearly akumatised today."

"Why is this important?" Queen Bee asked, her voice riddled with distaste.

"Well... I'm not sure what happened, but it was purr-ty unusual. Now Hawk Moth is watching her via the Peacock Miraculous."

Carapace asked, "Does that mean no more akumas?"

Ladybug cut in, "I think that Hawk Moth will akumatise the people around her. Anyone she interacts with is at a much higher risk of being akumatised. WE MUST ENSURE THEY DO NOT BECOME VICTIMS. Any victim will likely add Marinette to their list of people to go after."

"Smart, m'Lady."

"Superheros have to stay on top, don't they, Kitty?" I made her smile fondly at Chat. He gave me a grateful smile in return.

"Okay. Let's bounce." Queen Bee cut in.

My illusionary Ladybug leaped away at the same time Queen Bee did. The minute she became a silhouette, I let Ladybug disappear. My Miraculous beeped.

Carapace headed away too. It was just Chat and I left. "Stay conn- I mean, goodbye for now!"

I laughed nervously and jumped onto the next rooftop towards my house. We had pie in the fridge.