The Holder of the Ladybug

Marinette's POV

I forced my eyes to open. I saw pink sparks skittering across my skin, and my Maman standing above me. "Ma-Maman?" I forced out of my mouth, which seemed stuck together. Papa came into view.

I sat up weakly. "What happened?" I said. "You called a Lucky Charm, according to Queen Bee, who dropped you off here. She said she's going to come back as soon as they defeat the akumatized villain." I noticed they both had tears streaming down their faces. I reached up, with much effort. "Maman, Papa, don't cry. I'm fine. These pink sparks heal me."

Just then, a knock came on my trapdoor. Alya's voice called down. "Queen Bee said I was supposed to come here?"

Maman frowned. "Isn't that Alya? How did she get up there?" She went to the trapdoor and opened it. Seeing Alya transformed, her eyes almost bugged out. Alya spoke. "Oh, you two must be Marinette's parents." She climbed down. Spotting me, she rushed to my side. "Marinette!"

Maman pointed and stared. "I-I thought-," Alya waved her off. "No, Mrs. Cheng, I'm not the Ladyblog girl - she couldn't be a superhero. Her Ladyblog would suffer horribly." Another knock came. This time it was Chloe at the door. "Queen Bee!" I smiled sheepishly. "Where are the boys?"

She glanced up."We haven't managed to reverse the damage with your Lucky Charm, even though Rena did the Miraculous Ladybug thing. Chat Blanc's still gagged."

Why hadn't it worked? I got an idea. I was transformed usually when I called Miraculous Ladybug, but without it I was just - a holder, Marinette. So maybe I'd have to say, 'Holder of the Ladybug?' or something like that.

Nino's POV

In my shock, I froze. Wayzz spoke up. "Nino, you should be at young Mistress Marinette's house soon."

Wondering what he meant, I shook my head. "You're right, little dude." I transformed, running to grab Chat Blanc before I set off.

I tossed out my shield, jumping on it like it was a hoverboard. After securing Chat Blanc, I leaned forward and headed to Marinette's. Landing on the balcony, I opened the trapdoor and slid in. They all glanced up - everyone was already here. I ripped the gag out of the white Chat's mouth and threw it to Marinette. I spoke. "Do it, Marinette." She looked around nervously. "This might not work." She warned us. Throwing the gag skywards, she cried, "HOLDER OF THE LADYBUG!"

Ladybugs exploded outwards, the loveliness coming back to sweep over us and soothe our aches and wounds. Chat Blanc disappeared in my arms.

My first battle was over.

I've been tweaking the story as I go along, which is why it takes me longer to update than a simple pop-in. I always review my chapters before I post them, especially since I've even been tweaking major plot points.

For instance, Superphrenic's original power was to split people into two completely opposite personalities in one body. In that version... Well, things played out a lot differently. This chapter is much shorter than normal for that reason.

Adieu!

- Neymara Noor