Lying From The (Re)Start

Marinette's POV

It would be a long time before Chloè and I were like we used to be, but it was a start. Eventually the hugging and crying and laughing faded away and was replaced with seriousness.

"Alright. We need to clean our faces, otherwise Sabrina and Alya will kill us." I said.

"You know how Sabrina is. She won't do a thing without my say-so. And you know I can take Alya - but I won't because I'm a better person now."

"That's right, Chloé." I nodded firmly. "And it better stay that way."

We washed our faces. Looking back at her, I noticed something. Something very familiar. "Chloé, where'd you get that new hair comb?"

I looked closely, then went silent. Holy crap. Of course. Of course Chat had paid her a visit last night... that was what looked like the Bee Miraculous pinning her hair up. In its dormancy, it looked different - in Chloe's hair it was grey (I actually wrote this before the Queen's Battle and was utterly shocked to have been correct) - but then I flashed back to my talk with a certain kitty last night.

"I was doing patrol. Just checking over Queen Bee's work."

"Wait." I had cut in. "Queen Bee? Chat?"

Chat had smiled in return and rubbed his neck sheepishly. "You might see some new heros around town. Our Queen is one of them. You should see her in action."

"Any of your classmates, like Nino, Adrien, even CHLOÈ will be able to find one of Paris's newest superheroes and get you help."

My eyes widened. Then, they narrowed. The newest addition to the team, huh? Let's see how she reacts to that question.

"Oh, I bought it from this awesome boutique." She gave a nervous smile.

"Really? What's it called?"

"Miracles. It's this accessory place."

Her eyes looked left, then right. She was lying, but for a good cause. I smiled. "Cool. Can I try it on?"

"NO!" She yelled. "I mean... it's very special to me, I'd like to keep it. It could have lice." She wrinkled her nose.

Outwardly, I projected disgust with the idea of lice. "OK then. I feel better now. Let's head back to class?"

She smiled a genuinely happy smile.

"I'll be there before you, Dupain-Cheng!" She started running. I followed suit, hoping this trend would continue.