1.60 A Bizarre Encounter (2)

After he said his farewell to YuLan and her entourage, Third Prince Zhang GuoFu - along with Crown Prince KongJing and Second Prince JunLi, and Zhen BuFeng - mounted their individual carriages and horses to return to their estates.

To Zhang GuoFu's slight puzzlement, he did not feel as sad as he originally expected to be when YuLan's figure finally disappeared around the corner of the building at the end of the street. Sure, there was melancholy, but the yearning to always be close to YuLan was definitely no longer felt.

If anything, he was more worried about Ji LanBai's reaction when she found out that YuLan had gone. It was bound to happen.

Therefore, he commanded his guards to direct his horse-drawn carriage to the Palace. He knew at that day, Ji LanBai was in an audience with his Imperial Mother - the Empress.

After parting ways with his older brothers - both decided to return to their own estates, he made his way to the Palace. Zhen BuFeng also returned to his own residence.

Of course he could not disturb Ji LanBai's personal attendance session with the Empress, and he also found out that the Emperor - his Imperial Father - was meeting Ji ChanFang as well. Therefore, Third Prince GuoFu could only be idle for a few hours at the expansive Imperial Garden.

Truth be told, although the Imperial Garden was immaculate and aesthetically pleasing, he always thought that it was not much different from other pretty landscapes in other households

His own estate's garden was also similar, though smaller in scale. In fact, when building and designing his own garden and yard area, Zhang GuoFu modeled them after the Imperial Garden.

Whatever should be there, was there. The fake mountains - made of large boulders and stones, the ponds complete with the colorful fish, the bridges connecting the ponds, the sporadic undercover podiums and small structures for people resting in between walks... .

The garden was expansive, but tastefully constructed. As it was the first month of autumn, the trees just started to change colors, casting colorful hues everywhere he laid eyes upon.

 As it was the first month of autumn, the trees just started to change colors, casting colorful hues everywhere he laid eyes upon