1.93 You are...

They were now inside the house, SongLi's head tilting back as he sat down on a chair, allowing YuLan to comb his hair. As her fingers ran through the dark tresses, YuLan still thought that she really should kick herself.

Now the situation had come to this, how was she going to breach the topic?

She now realized that her companions had very blatantly left her alone, so she could talk to SongLi freely, without any interruption. Remembering the knowing pursed smiles and teasing glances from her friends, even from the two guards outside the gate, she felt warmth creeping up her cheeks.

Then she stiffened as SongLi's hand reached upwards, gently lifting some of her hair.

His eyes were still onto hers, but now those dark orbs were filled with worry as his brows were slightly knotted,

"Your face is a bit red. Are you feeling alright? The summer heat can make you sick, so you have to be careful..."

Her fingers that had been mindlessly playing with his hair paused. Even without touching her directly - just her hair - she could feel the heat seeping into her veins and bones. The source was those fingers that were holding onto her hair, and the intense gaze directed at her, currently full of concern.

"Even his fingers are elegant... despite the callouses inside his palms... ."

"Alright, YuLan. There is no getting out of this. Be strong!"

She took a deep breath and finally managed to tie his hair into a low ponytail.

"You are correct. It is a bit too warm. Wait for a second. I will get us some cooling tea."

----------------

"It has not been a full half-year yet since the last time you were here," YuLan said as she poured a light tea infused with mint into two smaller cups, "Are you sure it is alright for you to leave Da Lang that quick?"

SongLi stretched his two arms above his head, then let out a small yawn. The long journey must still be affecting him. However, he then smiled at her, this time there was a hint of teasing in his eyes,

"What can I say? I have been missing you too much."

YuLan quickly averted her gaze away, hoping her long hair would hide her surely red cheeks now, "Not fair! That's supposed to be my line!"

SongLi chuckled at her seemingly peevish gesture - he was already used to her being indifferent after all.

He then reached inside his robe, and took out a couple of objects.

One object was a hairpin, with a crystal encrusted green agate.

The other one was a silk pouch, with a white orchid embroidery on it. One glance at it, and YuLan's heart tightened.